Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for that, look forward to some AIR footage when it happens.

01-27-2018, 09:25 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
one a month maybe where I live, it is just the thought of these things becoming more and more, don't like them.
You're like the seagulls here on the coast, they don't like my Phantom 4 either. One kept following my drone the whole time I was in the area. Didn't make contact but buzzed my drone close enough several times that it set off collision sensor. Captured it coming close in this vid.

01-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thats a great Vid, doesnt go too long though!

---------- Post added 01-28-18 at 06:18 AM ----------

This one is interesting.
01-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Thats a great Vid, doesnt go too long though!

---------- Post added 01-28-18 at 06:18 AM ----------

This one is interesting.
? DJI Mavic Air vs Mavic Pro - Analysis of ALL Reviews and Comparisons - YouTube
The vid is strictly to show the seagull near pass. BTW, I am now having to evaluate my online distribution process because of 4K video which can be huge. Even though I have cable, upload speeds are still much slower then their download speed. Downsizing and compressing can make them smaller but unfortunately they suffer many artifacts in the process.

Also, one fallout of the Mavic Air is that I am now seeing many more DJIs listed on local CL at very good to great prices. I don't know how this is in your location but those can certainly be compelling.

01-27-2018, 01:57 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
one fallout of the Mavic Air is that I am now seeing many more DJIs listed
CLs not here, we have Gumtree and Ebay, the Phantoms are awesome for what they are...The Air minimises that but you have to accept less flytime and less range....i'll get an Air, it fits what i think i need at this point in time.

Funnily enough, that YT i posted was a combination of most of watch ive watched up to this point in time.

The progression of this style of image capture gets better and better each year, sure beats hiring a helicopter!
01-27-2018, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

i'll get an Air, it fits what i think i need at this point in time.
I would highly recommend getting at least two more batteries. At least 64GB 4K capable microSD cards. Prior to upgrading to my current Note 8, I had nagging issues with my Android phone running DJI GO4 ap while my iPhone has always seemed super stable.
01-27-2018, 04:21 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The extras pack has 3 more batteries and a 4 battery charger, thats my direction.
01-27-2018, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

The extras pack has 3 more batteries and a 4 battery charger, thats my direction.
That fly more combo is a worthwhile package.