Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What camera for U$ 2000(+ or-) buy

Ok, the K-1 mk2 is that price,heres the rest...if you dont like TN,dont watch or comment.

03-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If it mostly doesn't matter why has he made a 20 minute video?
03-10-2018, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Still missing an OVF.

Still missing decent construction & WR for outdoor photography (unless they made the discount-price A7 III better than the premium-price A7R III).

And I hear it's got stripes with fast lenses and flare (better stick the dim kit lens).

Looks perfect for (indoor) soccer moms.

Let me know when they fix these failings.

(And even if they do, it's still inferior to the K-1ii on ergonomics and features that I care about.)
03-10-2018, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tony needs a K-1 II. None of the objections to mirrorless have been answered yet.

03-10-2018, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #5
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Still missing an OVF.

Still missing decent construction & WR for outdoor photography (unless they made the discount-price A7 III better than the premium-price A7R III).

And I hear it's got stripes with fast lenses and flare (better stick the dim kit lens).

Looks perfect for (indoor) soccer moms.

Let me know when they fix these failings.

(And even if they do, it's still inferior to the K-1ii on ergonomics and features that I care about.)
whoa... shots fired! I think those could be considered fighting words in some parts, sir.

I'd like a DSLR sized mirrorless body... the tiny size is largely oversold due to the size that lenses have to be.. no getting around physical properties of the universe we exist in currently.

And Sonys apparently still are not really well weather sealed...

Specs wise they look interesting.. and only getting better by the iteration.. but I think there is enough left on the table for someone else to take.. inside mirrorless world.
03-10-2018, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #6
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Tony needs a K-1 II. None of the objections to mirrorless have been answered yet.
Tony would chew up and spit out the K-1 and that would make for bad press.

But maybe we don't need to fight one versus the other.... we can play nice and admit there is room on the camera market for both.

TN, and the rest of the youtube pundits, is going to make divisive videos because the attention they receive helps keep money in his pocket.. but between you and I, and everyone else here, we know that it isn't a battle royale, last man standing situation. EVFs and OVFs can live together.. no need to force the fish to fly or the bird to swim...
03-10-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Tony would chew up and spit out the K-1 and that would make for bad press.

But maybe we don't need to fight one versus the other.... we can play nice and admit there is room on the camera market for both.

TN, and the rest of the youtube pundits, is going to make divisive videos because the attention they receive helps keep money in his pocket.. but between you and I, and everyone else here, we know that it isn't a battle royale, last man standing situation. EVFs and OVFs can live together.. no need to force the fish to fly or the bird to swim...
Agreed! I'm sure that the A7 III will sell quite well and be loved by many of it's owners. I honestly hope they are happy with their purchase. For people looking certain features inherent to the mirrorless design (and overlooking certain others), it's a good camera for the money. And yet I know that I'd never want an A7 III as long as cameras like the K-1ii are around.

A fight only breaks out when promoters of one technology proclaim the end of another technology despite both technologies having benefits (and weaknesses).

As for Tony: Tony sells Tony. Pentax sells cameras. I know which I prefer to buy.

03-10-2018, 06:21 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
And Sonys apparently still are not really well weather sealed...
Sony is not leading the industry in build quality by any means. Olympus and Pentax really lead the industry when it comes to build quality at any given price point. The battery grip on the A9 is pretty crappy and I'm not real happy with it. It serves its purpose, but it is poorly designed and over priced. The A9 is on par with a Nikon D810 or Canon 5DIV in terms of overall build quality, and both of those are less expensive cameras.

Sony delivers results however and they have a product for everyone. You want class leading image quality? A7rIII. You want pro-grade AF with 20fps with not blackout or sound? A9. Shooting 4K and need a serious all around camera? A7III or A7sII.

One thing Sony is doing that Ricoh is failing at miserably is using YouTube reviewers to drive marketing. If Rioch ever does release something for people to review, hopefully they will do something similar. The Camera Store does mention the K-1II in the video.

Last edited by Winder; 03-10-2018 at 06:42 PM.
03-11-2018, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

For that money I would buy an Oly E-M1 Mark II and some of their better (imho, superb) lenses. Their Pro lens line is very well made. My 40-150mm f2.8 has twin lens motors, is built like a tank and is as good wide open as stopped down. Oly come from the same place as Pentax when it comes to build quality, proper WR and optical engineering. Sure, one has to accept a smaller sensor but unless you actually, really need a larger one (I don’t though obviously sometimes people do) then Oly offer plenty camera enough. Sooner or later I expect I’ll find I have an appointment with Tony in the local Skoda franchise. He’s good, though, so I’ll probably end up buying

Last edited by mecrox; 03-11-2018 at 12:11 PM.
03-11-2018, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
For that money I would buy an Oly E-M1 Mark II and some of their better (imho, superb) lenses. Their Pro lens line is very well made. My 40-150mm f2.8 has twin lens motors, is built like a tank and is as good wide open as stopped down. Oly come from the same place as Pentax when it comes to build quality, proper WR and optical engineering. Sure, one has to accept a smaller sensor but unless you actually, really need a larger one (I donít though obviously sometimes people do) then Oly offer plenty camera enough. Sooner or later I expect Iíll find I have an appointment with Tony in the local Skoda franchise. Heís good, though, so Iíll probably end up buying
I love Olympus cameras and lenses. I really hope they build a large sensor 4/3 mirrorless like the EM-1 M2.
03-30-2018, 02:04 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Another opinion.