Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
04-30-2018, 02:46 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sunny16 Quote
I am a longtime Pentax shooter that bought a GFX from a forum member last fall. I have (I am guessing) the same Kipon adapter the OP mentioned. I have tested over 50 K mount and m42 mount lenses and many of them work surprisingly well. Many primes between about 28mm and 150mm will cover the “full” G medium format frame. It’s a lot like using the APS-C DA lenses on the K-1.

Now, to be clear, the corners are often less-than-sharp with some vignette. But if you’re not shooting something where your extreme corners need to be sharp you would never notice. I’ve also started using A-series 645 and 6x7 lenses, which of course fully cover the sensor. The biggest surprise was that the FA* 24mm f2 actually did pretty well (again, with appropriate expectations concerning extreme corners) and that works out to be about a 19mm f1.6 equivalent. My most used lenses adapted this way are the three amigos: 31mm f1.8 (24mm f1.4,) 43mm f1.9 (34mm f1.5,) & 77mm f1.8 (61mm f1.4.)

I have installed the new firmware with the crop mode but haven’t used it yet. I will mostly stick to cropping in post if needed.

How is the 77 in comparison to the 43? Is it similar image quality with just about similar vignetting?

04-30-2018, 03:31 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
Cool. I guess I assumed that the image circle from a FF lens wouldn't fit a medium format.
Remember that the sensor in the Fuji is the same size as the 645Z (44x33) - only about half the area of 645 film (60x45). And the images here have shown the FA43 is marginal at best, even on the cropped sensor. It certainly isn't a medium format lens, so I'd say your assumption is correct
QuoteQuote:
Kinda like going apsc to FF.
Except, as we know, quite a few APS-C lenses are fully usable on FF.
06-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I had a chance to try a different K mount lens on the Fuji, this time with the Rokinon 24mm T/S. It is nothing to write home about but it is manageable.

this next one is like the last but I used the tilt function of the lens.