Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2018, 09:19 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Problem with Olympus Electronic View Finder VF-2 for Olympus E-PL1 camera.

I received this item from KEH in Smyrna, Georgia. While the unit seems to be in pristine condition, I cannot produce decent photographs when using it. I get a lot of striations, horizontal lines and a lot of shaking and green in the item when viewing. Well, okay this is a specialty item and is used for days when there is harsh sunlight and it is next to impossible to view the LCD Monitor. I followed the instructions in the camera's Owner's Manual and still cannot get anything decent. I believe I will give it one more day and see if I cannot get it to do what I want. Any and all suggestions/hints will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tony

05-19-2018, 10:25 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Any and all suggestions/hints will be greatly appreciated.
Talk to the folk at KEH. They are very good with returns/exchanges.

Steve
05-20-2018, 01:05 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Talk to the folk at KEH. They are very good with returns/exchanges.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I already sent them an advanced email so they will not read it until Monday. I want to give it another shot and see if perhaps I need to shoot in harsh sunlight and see if that may the issue. We have a few hot days coming up, so there will be plenty of opportunities to test it further.

Tony
05-20-2018, 05:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
U might ask on this Forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Forums | Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group

Lots of knowledge and nice folks.

05-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thazooo Quote
U might ask on this Forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Forums | Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group

Lots of knowledge and nice folks.
Thanks, thazoo. Today I was out shooting with my Olympus Gear and the VF-2 is working just fine. It is crucial to use in bright, harsh sunlight. I will continue to shoot with it in harsh sunlight and hopefully it will be consistent.

Thanks for your assistance.

Tony