Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Minolta Film Bodies (AF ones)

Question, maybe you all know: The Minolta bodies are A mount and were adopted by Sony. Is there a listing of what is backwards compatible to the Minolta bodies ?

06-01-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by derelict Quote
Question, maybe you all know: The Minolta bodies are A mount and were adopted by Sony. Is there a listing of what is backwards compatible to the Minolta bodies ?
I'm pretty sure as long as it's Alpha mount and screwdrive AF, the Sony Alpha lenses should work on any Alpha/Maxxum/Dynax film bodies.
06-04-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great, thanks. The 7 allows for more for HSM so I am guessing that it opens the doors for even more modern A mount lenses?
06-04-2018, 05:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by derelict Quote
Great, thanks. The 7 allows for more for HSM so I am guessing that it opens the doors for even more modern A mount lenses?
I believe that Maxxum 5s, Maxxum 7s, and upgraded Maxxum 9s do support the full range of Minolta/Sony AF lenses (minus the power zoom ones). I have tried my Maxxum 7 with the DT 50 1.8 SAM from Sony, and it does work, though AF hunts more than the screwdrive 50 1.7 and has quite some vignetting.