Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 521 Likes Search this Thread
02-20-2020, 04:20 AM - 1 Like   #76
Veteran Member

Soviet recon (aircraft) lens, Uran-10 + A7S

03-24-2020, 02:46 PM - 3 Likes   #77
Veteran Member

Got this 1.8/140mm Soviet era projector lens that was modified with custom helicoid and aperture (looks like from Tair lens).

Few test pics.

04-21-2020, 01:11 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sony A7II + Takumar 50mm F4 macro preset (M42 mount)

04-24-2020, 01:36 PM - 2 Likes   #79
Veteran Member

Sigma 24mm Superwide II Macro manual focus on FF (Sony)

HI, this is cross posted where relevant

I must say I already loved it on APSC as a 35mm equivalent, & I I still love it on FF, it's like "two for the price of one"
Amazing lens (see the corners on the 3rd photo) with a stylish looking from the outside

---------- Post added 04-24-20 at 08:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Nice lens and video

---------- Post added 04-24-20 at 08:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thanks so much.

Nice photo, and model

05-11-2020, 12:16 AM - 1 Like   #80
Pentaxian

Forest walks.

A quick 5km gander with the dogs and my new A7iii (+ Samyang AF 45mm f/1.8). First time I've taken it out of the house, less some light use in the garden. Did go out for another 5km later that day but it had gone pretty chilly by then so I wasn't inclined to take the camera and wrestle the dogs.

05-11-2020, 04:49 AM - 3 Likes   #81
Veteran Member

Driving the snake into the bottle. Canon 90mm TS-E & A7R2 with Metabones adapter

And that is a real snake. Veeery big and long one.
05-11-2020, 10:41 AM - 1 Like   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
A quick 5km gander with the dogs and my new A7iii (+ Samyang AF 45mm f/1.8). First time I've taken it out of the house, less some light use in the garden. Did go out for another 5km later that day but it had gone pretty chilly by then so I wasn't inclined to take the camera and wrestle the dogs.
The samyang looks good, & 45mm is a good overall focal, yesterday I have looked to its specs on the internet...
Nice A7III too

05-11-2020, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Scout Quote
The samyang looks good, & 45mm is a good overall focal, yesterday I have looked to its specs on the internet...
Nice A7III too
Thank you! Truth be told the combination was so astoundingly easy to use when I took it out yesterday.
Samyang AF 45mm f/1.8. | Flickr
Apologies for the picture of my fiancé giving me the middle finger somewhere in the middle...
05-11-2020, 11:17 PM - 1 Like   #84
Pentaxian

Thank you! Truth be told the combination was so astoundingly easy to use when I took it out yesterday.
Apologies for the picture of my fiancé giving me the middle finger somewhere in the middle...
How do you find the A73 so far? I am not the greatest brand loyalist and I assume I could easily buy one but it does look and feel so much like a consumer electronics gadget... :/ wish it was otherwise
05-12-2020, 01:35 AM - 2 Likes   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
How do you find the A73 so far? I am not the greatest brand loyalist and I assume I could easily buy one but it does look and feel so much like a consumer electronics gadget... :/ wish it was otherwise
Well it produces good photos, is easy to use (once you get over the initial hurdle of the menu system*). It doesn't feel as rugged as a Pentax but that's a given. With that said, it's chunky enough and compact enough to feel 'solid'. It's really quite good at what it does - stills are sharp and it has IBIS which works well enough for me. The screen and viewfinder are okay- they're not going to win any awards but are good enough for the task and I'm yet to try video but have heard good things about it from a consumer/prosumer perspective. The use of zooming and focus peaking within the EVF are particularly useful for old glass; if anything, I've found myself straining less for focusing with the EVF than trying hard to pinpoint what was in focus with an OVF. I know that this aspect is hotly debated though.

Given all of the above, it is built well to do what I need it to do (take photos). I've not been adversely affected by the drop in number of pixels versus the K1 and low-light performance is very solid. The ability to use it one-handed with an AF lens has been very welcome. Granted, I could do that with the K1 but it was a little tiring at the hour mark. This, simply, isn't. (ref: 650g body + 162g for the A7iii + Samyang... 1010g for the K-1, sans lens).

I'm very happy with the switch, personally. I know others wouldn't be but it's been a great change so far and I don't see my opinion changing in a hurry.

Let me know if there's any other queries whatsoever. Quite glad to shed my views on this vs that.

*I haven't actually had much of an issue here. There was some initial break-in time but I'm really a technophile so it didn't prove too much of a hurdle for me.
05-12-2020, 02:22 AM - 2 Likes   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
If I can tell my opinion, I have never tried the K1, but I wanted something able to fit all my 12 Pentax friendly lenses (m42, russian, K, -m, ...), Sony A7II is. I wanted a FF camera, not very expensive (~800 €), good value, small (thiner than the K70).
It just needs several batteries, you could miss comfort of a reflex viewfinder, but EVF (focus peaking) is a plus when it's time to focus with manual lenses, it's a true real argument in favour of the Sony.
Needs an adapter capable of aperture (mine is K&Fconcept, 20 €)
minor point : larger sensor with no "curtain" shutter means more dust to remove ...

Well it produces good photos, is easy to use (once you get over the initial hurdle of the menu system*).
Agreed !

My conclusion : having two systems (FF sony APSC pentax ) allows a lot of possibilities with the lenses (x2). For telephoto or macro use, I can keep Pentax, as well as when I need the autofocus (Pentax lenses). When rainy or sandy, dusty conditions, I keep Pentax ... If I need a tight resolution (sharpness), I'll use Pentax APSC (K70), and its pixel shift system.
When I have the time, and want wider images, if I need a different FF rendering "modelé", a smoother bokeh, or when I just want to see what my lenses are capable of on the whole range, I'll take the Sony (and one more battery). "Focus peaking" is a must have with manual lenses.

This is an excellent shot of your fiancée ! spontaneous image ��

Last edited by Scout; 05-12-2020 at 04:03 AM.
05-12-2020, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Scout Quote
Agreed !

My conclusion : having two systems (FF sony APSC pentax ) allows a lot of possibilities with the lenses (x2). For telephoto or macro use, I can keep Pentax, as well as when I need the autofocus (Pentax lenses). When rainy or sandy, dusty conditions, I keep Pentax ... If I need a tight resolution (sharpness), I'll use Pentax APSC (K70), and it's pixel shift system.
When I have the time, and want wider images, if I need a different FF rendering "modelé", a smoother bokeh, or when I just want to see what my lenses are capable of on the whole range, I'll take the Sony (and one more battery). "Focus peaking" is a must have with manual lenses.

This is an excellent shot of your fiancée ! spontaneous image 👍
I agree completely with the focus peaking. I think I underestimated how much easier it would be than using an OVF. Fortunately the battery is vastly improved on the A7iii versus the A7ii, so I've only had to charge the camera twice since purchase (one for the initial battery charge and once at around 45% battery left). Though the A7iii is considerably more expensive than the A7ii.
I'm happy just sticking with FF but I can see the value of APS-C, too.
The variety available with the manual lenses is astounding - you get practically all of the film lenses at your disposal for starters. I'll be attempting to stick fairly firmly to M42 and PK mount in that regard though!

Thank you! I'm quite glad I snapped that one. She's not afraid to have fun (even at my expense), as I'm sure you can tell!
05-12-2020, 03:49 AM - 1 Like   #88
Veteran Member

Though the A7iii is considerably more expensive than the A7ii.
A7III is significantly better than the II in many aspects :

I think A7III has better image quality, the sensor is slightly different and is backilluminated.
Better too in low light conditions,
better sensibility,
better autofocus (with eye AF tracking),
better battery life,
silent obturation,
better speed and buffer,
better IBIS,
video 4k vs Full hd,
touchscreen vs no touchscreen,
joystick vs no joystick,
2 slotcards vs 1
same design
my main goal was to access FF, I took price into account

Last edited by Scout; 05-12-2020 at 06:03 AM.
05-19-2020, 03:34 AM - 2 Likes   #89
Pentaxian

Enjoying going for the crushed blacks, low-contrast looks with the Industar 50-2 on the A7iii. It's great fun and so, so simple to use.
Believe this was wide-open.
05-20-2020, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #90
Veteran Member

Enjoying going for the crushed blacks, low-contrast looks with the Industar 50-2 on the A7iii. It's great fun and so, so simple to use.
Believe this was wide-open.
Very nice bokeh !