Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2018, 01:24 AM   #31
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Too expensive for the low-fi images it can deliver
I agree it's expensive; But people will pay for the reach in a package that fits a small bag (it's actually the tiny sensor that makes that possible), not just the small sensor image quality. Disagree with the drone remark.. I've never considered bringing the drone instead of a superzoom when I needed the reach even though it has that 20mp 1 inch sensor. A tiny overlap in appliance might exist but there's plenty situations where focal length can get including lens compression where the drone could not. Plus one can splash or crash a €1000 drone with no chance of refund where a superzoom will stay safely on the ground.

08-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by greenbaron Quote
Plus one can splash or crash a €1000 drone with no chance of refund where a superzoom will stay safely on the ground.
Well an A$ 2400 DJI phantom 4 top of the range was splashed by a friend of mine.Even more interesting was that it was into a crocodile infested river,so not many volunteers to retrieve it for her!

As far as low fi images, the P900 does pretty good judging from another friends work.With RAW capture and 4K video the upgrade should be a great asset.
09-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
I don't get it. It seems like the worst of all worlds. The size and weight of a DSLR without the benefits of the larger sensor and ILC.

f/8 at the long end with a 16Mb 1/2.3" sensor sounds like diffraction city.

Who is the audience for this?
Watchers of late night infomercials.
09-20-2018, 06:27 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
f/8 at the long end with a 16Mb 1/2.3" sensor sounds like diffraction city.
You should probably try one before reaching conclusions like this. When I first got my Q-7, {12mb 1/1.7" sensor} I tested it with six different lenses I have that go to 300mm. Using the lens I ultimately chose to "go with", my Sigma 70-300mm, images at f/5.6, f/8, and f/11 were essentially identical (*). In that case, I'm guessing that each stop down used a better part of the lens to make up for any loss due to diffraction, but in general I think many people are entirely too concerned about diffraction.

(*) I looked at my results only after doing all the tests. I regret not trying it at f/16, because I'm not convinced that it would have been much worse.

09-24-2018, 02:00 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Gordon Laing - Witness the quite frankly redonkulous 125x...