Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #1

Yashica Aperture Problem?

I recently was given a Yashica FX-103 PROGRAM model camera from a friend. It's in great condition and everything. I only have one problem with it and it's a more recent one. The aperture iris doesnt close when I insert the lense into the camera. It worked fine before but I've noticed a little lever pr something on the inside bottom part of the lense housing where I put the lense in. That has resistance to it and prevents the corresponding tab on the lense for the aperture from closing the iris. I dont know how to fix this or what the purpose is of the Inside lever.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G950U1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G950U1  Photo 
07-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Do you have a manual for your camera? Most SLR cameras are designed for the lens to remain full open until the shutter is released or DOF preview is engaged. There is usually a coupling lever in the mount to enforce this rule and to allow the aperture to stop-down to the set value on the lens or the value set by the body (depending on mode).

The manual is available for download at the Butkus site for free, though he does appreciate a donation

Yashica FX-103 Program user manual, instruction manual

Steve
07-15-2018, 09:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Do you have a manual for your camera? Most SLR cameras are designed for the lens to remain full open until the shutter is released or DOF preview is engaged. There is usually a coupling lever in the mount to enforce this rule and to allow the aperture to stop-down to the set value on the lens or the value set by the body (depending on mode).

The manual is available for download at the Butkus site for free, though he does appreciate a donation

Yashica FX-103 Program user manual, instruction manual

Steve
~~~~~

Thank you, I am clearly a newbie when it comes to photography and I really never owned a camera. I'll read further into the manual and get it working. Just in the groove of making sure the thing works well since it hasn't been used In over a decade.