Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 47 Likes Search this Thread
08-03-2018, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
There's been a lot of nice camera introduced in the last 3 years, but none of them have actually changed the game.
What changed the game was full frame camera for under $2K, only a few years before introduction of the K1. There was a lot of adoption of digital full frame since then. Mirrorless has been there for a very long time: 20 years ago I had a compact camera that was mirrorless, I still have it and it still works, but at that time, having a "reflex" was highly regarded, it's funny how marketing folks can turn things around to make people buy.

That say, I'm still interested to see what Nikon have done in terms of camera capability: ergonomics, battery life, image quality from the sensor and the lenses available. With or without a mirror is not really my concern, as I'm interest to know what photographs can be taken and how much the system costs.

08-03-2018, 04:31 PM   #107
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I'm interest to know what photographs can be taken and how much the system costs.
Yes, that has my interest too.As well as the moving picture capability???

Whats funny is the HYPE that Nikon are creating with the "teaser" videos.Their body better be GOOD or they will fall flat.Mind you it will sell instead of some $$$onys and some Nikon Dslrs,so there will be some cannibalisation.
08-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Judging by the potential size of the new Nikon mirrorless - it looks just about as big as a D850 - many people will ask: what's the point?

At least Sony A-mount to Sony E mount gives you a clear choice about which is the more compact option. E-mount continues to offer [smaller and lighter] APS-C too.
08-03-2018, 05:51 PM   #109
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
it looks just about as big as a D850
The cardboard one doesn't!

08-05-2018, 10:02 AM   #110
Pentaxian

The rumor site is reporting a new "leaked" image.

Another Nikon mirrorless camera picture leaked | Nikon Rumors
08-05-2018, 11:16 AM   #111
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote

Another Nikon mirrorless camera picture leaked | Nikon Rumors
Thanks for putting leaked in quotation marks. Leak my ....
08-05-2018, 11:17 PM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On Nikon’s teaser website, they’re fairly explicit about the lens mount – it’s all new with new lenses, of course, but they emphasise that they have an adapter to take their DSLR lenses. Now, that’s something people here have been decrying loudly for some time. I wonder if current Nikon DSLR users feel the same?

08-06-2018, 12:40 AM   #113
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I wonder if current Nikon DSLR users feel the same?
They are feeling wonderful,the company they support is getting modern technology.
08-06-2018, 02:46 AM   #114
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Sony is Minolta. Not really late. Also modern cameras are small computers with attached optics. Sony has plenty of electronics experience.
I've always wondered how much Minolta DNA is left in any current Sony cameras. Not much I would say. There may have been a couple of alpha mount cameras right after Sony bought KM that had some, but it seemed as though they left that pretty quickly to churn out tech monsters.
08-06-2018, 03:06 AM   #115
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote
Small size is definitely not something why anyone would buy this camera or the lenses.
08-06-2018, 03:07 AM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
They are feeling wonderful,the company they support is getting modern technology.
...including the adapter, which was my point.

According to Cameraville’s review of the D FA*50/1.4, Nikon needs to up their modern lens technology game, too.
08-06-2018, 03:20 AM   #117
Pentaxian

Nikon would have to launch a few lenses with the camera too. Does anybody recognize the lens in the latest leaked pics? Is it an adapted DSLR lens or a new mirrorless one? Looks like a zoom to me.
08-06-2018, 04:18 AM   #118
Pentaxian

According to Cameraville’s review of the D FA*50/1.4, Nikon needs to up their modern lens technology game, too.
Well Nikonians dont always buy the native lenses,Sigma has been a reasonable choice but i heard on the grapevine that Tokina might be giving the Sigma some competition!

Thanks RobA for the heads up on that Vid(i bet RobB suggested it).

---------- Post added 08-06-18 at 10:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Looks like a zoom to me.
My guess is the 24-70 .

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Nikon would have to launch a few lenses with the camera too
The zoom and 35/50 @ launch,then 3 more in 2019 is what ive seen reported.

Last edited by surfar; 08-06-2018 at 04:26 AM.
08-06-2018, 06:54 PM   #119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well Nikonians dont always buy the native lenses,Sigma has been a reasonable choice but i heard on the grapevine that Tokina might be giving the Sigma some competition!
Too true, on both counts. Tokina is the sort of partner that Ricoh would be well-advised to stick with, if they can bring more revenue to the table.

Thanks RobA for the heads up on that Vid(i bet RobB suggested it).
We* are glad to be of service.

* – royal prerogative, of course.
08-06-2018, 07:30 PM   #120
Pentaxian

* – royal prerogative
I thought that was reserved for Jacki Jacki?...Queen of Apples,shame she had to Abdicate,i suppose now shes out looking for that big package?