Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2018, 11:21 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
?

Both drones seem practically equivalent for video, except for a few small pros and cons that apply to each one.

Aside from everything else re portability, I like the quietness of the M2P, a very practical benefit for droning almost anywhere.

All academic for me - I'm not planning to upgrade my current MP to anything yet. I'll wait a year or so for prices to drop some more before thinking of an upgrade. Should see quite a few DJI refurbed M2P's turning up about a year after release.
You have a point.... that M2P is quiet!

I was thinking about getting the "quiet" props for my P4P, but at the end of the day I don't want to mess with it...

I like the look of the M2P and think it's a pretty slick unit. But I was a bit disappointed by the IQ is all.

If my P4P hit the bucket, I'd probably be considering the newer M2P. But like you said, I could pick up a used/refurbished unit for cheaper and likely just waiting a few months would allow me access to the newer model at a fraction of the cost.

We're spoiled by technology these days.

08-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #17
Veteran Member

?

Both drones seem practically equivalent for video, except for a few small pros and cons that apply to each one.
But doesn't this lead you to believe that each one has a place in the market?
08-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
We're spoiled by technology these days.
Yes,exciting times...just getting time to use it all.
08-29-2018, 07:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
But doesn't this lead you to believe that each one has a place in the market?
Yes indeed.

It has to be said that DJI have been very good at providing drone models suitable for a range of users and markets - their product range now goes all the way from toy (but still with decent features) drones like Trello and Spark to big hefty enterprise grade drones. And they keep an aggressive product development pace. They basically own 75% of the whole drone market already, and they aren't slowing down.

08-29-2018, 08:04 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
they aren't slowing down.
I'm told they are always looking up!
08-30-2018, 04:31 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Yes indeed.

It has to be said that DJI have been very good at providing drone models suitable for a range of users and markets - their product range now goes all the way from toy (but still with decent features) drones like Trello and Spark to big hefty enterprise grade drones. And they keep an aggressive product development pace. They basically own 75% of the whole drone market already, and they aren't slowing down.
Certainly.

They're like the Apple of drones. But even more so the market leader.

Sure there are other options out there, I'm an Android guy myself lol... But for the general public, the Apple/DJI is the best device. Easy to use, supported at a very high level, seamless integration with most things...

When it comes to my phone I want more control than Apple offers.
When it comes to my drone? I want them to control almost everything haha. Just give me reliability and support!