Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
09-02-2018, 11:49 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
NO IBIS
Correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as I know, Canon have stabilization in their lenses, if so, why on earth would they shoot themselves in the foot, by giving IBIS in their MILC's, allowing users to purchase and adapt lenses from other brands, thus losing money?

09-03-2018, 12:18 AM - 1 Like   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
why on earth would they shoot themselves in the foot, by giving IBIS in their MILC's, allowing users to purchase and adapt lenses from other brands, thus losing money?
To compete on an even footing with $$$ony/Olympus/Panasonic/Nikon and one specific Fuji model.There are plenty who dont own native lenses and use the lenses they already own with an adapter.
09-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #93
Pentaxian

I'm worried, Fuji will be displaced as they will be the only one not offering full frame, OMG!
09-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
only customer will be victim this nuke war
Price will go up not down
Sony has now 2 -3 high end MILC / 3-4 A7 model and 3 camera 6000 level
Nikon so far 2
Canon so far M6- m50 and may be 1-2 coming
Sigma has 27 new lenses for Sony and canon with 200-250 $ adapter
And if look Sony price no change
I think if Pentax coming with new K-3 or even KP we will be for money wise with more winner situation with best quality Pentax and Sigma lenses for k mount

09-03-2018, 03:28 PM   #95
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I'm worried, Fuji will be displaced as they will be the only one not offering full frame, OMG!
Fuji have had FF mode for a long time,as well as Smart adapter support for many many lenses....They fight in the war on their own front.

---------- Post added 09-04-18 at 09:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
Sony has now 2 -3 high end MILC / 3-4 A7 model and 3 camera 6000 level
$$$ony A7000 is close to being announced and its loaded with specs which is normal for them.

---------- Post added 09-04-18 at 09:32 AM ----------

Price will go up not down
Its called inflation,as time goes by the cost of labour and materials goes up.

---------- Post added 09-04-18 at 09:34 AM ----------

only customer will be victim this nuke war
Well, not so sure about that.The customer will get State of the Art tech for still/moving pictures.

---------- Post added 09-04-18 at 09:38 AM ----------

And if look Sony price no change
The A9 dropped $300,the A7R $200...the A7iii is the latest and nothing but announcements is in the market yet so $$$ony can take peoples money up until they see a sales downturn.They have room to move.

The price of the A7000 is likely to be $1299 which undercuts the XT-3.
10-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #96
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The Battles are on but not all have entered the war.

This is a $ony Northrup video,its 20mins.

Reasonably accurate look at whats available B4 Sigma and Pano$onic enter the frame!

03-03-2019, 02:03 PM   #97
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Battle Plans

Well 2019 looks to be an interesting year

Can $$$ony hold its own?

CaNik will(and have already) take some market share. Canon have entry level and midrange,Nikon the hisRes and mid range,both have a release to come.Both are vying to match $$$ony.

Then the ALLIANCE steps in..Leica have bodie$$$$$$$$ and lense$$$$$$$$$$$

Panasonic soon to have a couple of pricey bodies and a few lenses

BUT Sigma are IN too!

03-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #98
Veteran Member

This 'battlefield' is getting ever more crowded. Significant casualties should be expected soon.
04-23-2019, 02:10 PM   #99
Pentaxian

Original Poster
YES,the Nukes are coming.

Canon have a 63mp sensor for FF,possibly the hiRes m/l flagship?

Nikon Z5 to compete at the RF price and Z8 to meet canon head on @ the MEGA mp point..Nothing confirmed but strong rumours for,(2020).

Sony speculation is for the A9ii and A7S iii(2019 sometime),the price for the A9 has now dropped to U$3500 so clearing out the stocks to get ready for newby.

Last edited by surfar; 04-23-2019 at 02:16 PM.
07-14-2019, 10:52 PM - 1 Like   #100
Pentaxian

Original Poster
$$$$$ONY its your turn.

Four camera bodies coming on the 17th.

I'll guess 2 will be fixed lens and 2 ILC.(I could be wrong).

One of the bodies(ilc) is supposed to be spec heavy?...Some speculate an Apsc A9ish thing.A7Siii is due too.

Perhaps it could be 645ish,their sensors seem OKish!

They have let CaNikOnic have a lash,i'll await their response.
08-24-2019, 01:36 AM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Like most spruikers on the Tube who speculate,.... the small players will stay where they are, in the little skirmishes.
Well that wasnt true for Minolta at one point, their AF system took everyone by surprise. It wasnt true either for Apple who looked dead during the rise of the PC in the 80s and 90s...I remember plenty of people telling me it was game over for Apple or at best niche playing only. I knew better and could see a sleeping giant. It didnt come from the obvious source of course.......it never does.

The killer is always hidden in the weeds.

---------- Post added 08-24-19 at 01:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as I know, Canon have stabilization in their lenses, if so, why on earth would they shoot themselves in the foot, by giving IBIS in their MILC's, allowing users to purchase and adapt lenses from other brands, thus losing money?
To get market mass is the answer. Why did Pentax hand out the K fitting for free ? To get a mass effect by getting others to acopt your systems as ‘standard’ A rising tide floats all boats. Plus you can then say ‘over 7 gazillion’ accessories without having to make any of them yourself.

Seems weird that would do that after having deleted the standard fitting for flash. Either someone has recanted and seen the error of their ways, they make more cash on flash, or its misdirection go wrong foot a threat.
09-28-2020, 02:44 PM   #102
Pentaxian

Original Poster
News in by war correspondent!

He was lost in the jungle looking for a satellite connection.

Canon Nuked it with the R5,it was HOT but firmware cooled it pretty well and now some news has filtered of a $ony counterattack! Guessed to be an A9lll or A9S with 8K moving pictures and high MP count,the updated menu and flippy screen.

Heres Toneh and Shilsea's report.....Pentax gets in the frame@ 21.50ish

Over 30 mins for those who are not bored,but some interesting little titbits.

09-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #103
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Another counter attack! Gen2 Nikon.

The bodies that Nikon should have released 2 years ago will be announced middle of next month.

I'm expecting a low megaton effort but there may be a surprise?