Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2018, 07:30 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Good morning to everybody
what interesting for me if look biggest Minolta -Sony forums call Dyxum.com
They very calm about all new Sony camera not so many hot conversation as vs our Pentax forums. i just curious why?
Even new hot A7#3 not created so many discussion
Look your self

as any from you play with Canon M50
What your opinion

08-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
They very calm about all new Sony camera not so many hot conversation as vs our Pentax forums. i just curious why?
I myself am very calm about Sony releases, in fact I ignore them, so maybe we fit right in.

Sony being a relative new comer to the game has a great line up of modern glass. Pentax has lagged behind. The lenses coming out now are long over due and much anticipated.

Also, Sony is a company that seem to have filled all the niches, hi res, action, low res FF, rather than just buying the camera for what they do, pentax users spend a lot more time deciding if they can do what they want with existing bodies.

Last edited by normhead; 08-17-2018 at 07:40 AM.
08-17-2018, 02:17 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
A bit of a crisis involving Sony's YouTube salesman Jason Lanier, it would seem:

The downfall of Jason Lanier - Removed as Sony Artisan of Imagery | TAIPEI GEEK
He was a Nikon guy before Sony perhaps it is not a coincidence that the Nikon FF Mirror-less is coming out soon and he is no longer considered a Sony Artisan.
08-17-2018, 02:28 PM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
He was a Nikon guy before Sony perhaps it is not a coincidence that the Nikon FF Mirror-less is coming out soon and he is no longer considered a Sony Artisan.
I would expect a professional to be cautious about a new venture such as Nikon's Z-mount ..... unless Nikon has already promised money for his assistance {that we aren't being told about}.

08-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #50
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
I think if you read the brutal comments, there are other matters going on.

Nikon ... and any other company ... may want to have nothing to do with him.

Last edited by clackers; 08-17-2018 at 02:36 PM.
08-17-2018, 02:33 PM - 2 Likes   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
:

Some anger nastiness vitriol etc etc on display in the comments
Yep, including Matt Granger, Ken Wheeler, and maybe Ken Wheeler again posting as a sock puppet.

I do that ... does everyone realise I'm also RonHendricks on this forum?

08-17-2018, 02:36 PM   #52
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Even new hot A7#3 not created so many discussionLook your self
Why? There are so many releases by Sony and other manufacturers that it would be hard to get excited. Pentax does not release new cameras very often so Pentax users usually expect (and get) some significant advances.

Last edited by PJ1; 08-17-2018 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Misread the original message.
08-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #53
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

As I've previously mentioned, I think a lot of folks are happy to buy into the older A7(x) and A7(x) MkII models at the lower prices. For a lot of people, they're "good enough". Sure, there'll be some people with deeper pockets and a desire to have the latest equipment that will buy the MkIII or A9, but - despite some limitations - the MkII products do what they do well enough, while the original "Mk I" versions offer a bargain-basement entry point.
08-17-2018, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

I think if you read the brutal comments, there are other matters going on.

Nikon ... and any other company ... may want to have nothing to do with him.
Wow ..crazy. I generally try not to read far down phototech gossip rags like DPreview and this especially when fueled by awful lot of BS and Drama from the Angry Fauxtographer.

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 08-17-2018 at 04:53 PM.
08-17-2018, 05:02 PM - 3 Likes   #55
Veteran Member

Pentaxians have a notable anxiety about their favorite brand. The trials and tribulations Pentax has experienced as a company has caused lots of stress for Pentax users. This makes Pentaxians an unsettled and edgy crowd. This carries over into discussions about all other brands, and the camera market in general.

Or maybe the people here are simply more gear obsessed than the average Sony user?
08-18-2018, 12:01 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Pentaxians have a notable anxiety about their favorite brand. The trials and tribulations Pentax has experienced as a company has caused lots of stress for Pentax users. This makes Pentaxians an unsettled and edgy crowd. This carries over into discussions about all other brands, and the camera market in general.

Or maybe the people here are simply more gear obsessed than the average Sony user?
Not the case on DPR discussions regarding Sony - it must be something to do with the forum, not the brand...
08-18-2018, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
:

Some anger nastiness vitriol etc etc on display in the comments
Kind of makes you want to run out and start "Sony Forums," doesn't it.

(we could do better here in our discussions, but the Mods do a wonderful job of bringing people down when they start to get too hot).
08-18-2018, 08:05 AM   #58
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote

Well they must be doing something correctly!
Sony is attempting to buy the market. They are taking the General Motors approach. Sadly, like GM, they don't make an attractive product, though hopefully they make a better quality one.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 08-18-2018 at 08:34 AM.
08-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #59
Veteran Member

A bit of a crisis involving Sony's YouTube salesman Jason Lanier, it would seem:

No surprise there. That guy always came across as sleazy with his pet names for his models. Ugh. He was a good photographer, but no thanks.
08-18-2018, 04:39 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

You would expect that rational adults wouldn’t be influenced by snakeoil salesmen and blatant boosters, but clearly we’re no different in kind from ditsy young girls who endlessly watch YouTube videos of pouting, primping and non-stop talking “influencers” who front for the makeup and fashion clothing industries.

Test cricketers boosting air-conditioners come to mind, too, one of whom I note has now moved on to arthritis palliation.