Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-17-2018, 08:05 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Why do you say full and fast AF? My understanding is that these function very much like the Pentax 1.7x AF adapter which can auto focus even manual focus lenses, but the lenses often have to be tweaked manually prior to using the adapter and it isn't terribly speedy. In addition, is the aperture controllable from the body, or does it require you to shift something on the adapter?

Obviously you can use most lenses made (except Fuji and the new Nikon mirrorless mount) lenses on E mount cameras, but some require more tweaking than others to make them work.
I was refering to the FA limiteds which most are within the focal range where when you set the lenses at infinity focus you achieve close or better than minimum to infinity focal distance without adjustments on the Fotidiox Pronto(with the 77mm having mfd 1.4m instead of 0.7m as the exception) . Aperture control is not AF, you do have to change aperture on lens. You are only using the PDAF however so you have less sensor coverage on A7iii but stil more than Dslrs.

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 08-17-2018 at 08:35 AM.
08-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
I was refering to the FA limiteds which most are within the focal range where when you set the lenses at infinity focus you achieve close or better than minimum to infinity focal distance without adjustments on the Fotidiox Pronto(with the 77mm having mfd 1.4m instead of 0.7m as the exception) . Aperture control is not AF, you do have to change aperture on lens. You are only using the PDAF however so you have less sensor coverage on A7iii but stil more than Dslrs.
I still don't know that experience is quite as enjoyable as mounting an FA 77 on a K-1. You made it sound as though Sony had the same functionality as Pentax with K mount lenses with "the limiteds" (which would include the DA limiteds).
08-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I still don't know that experience is quite as enjoyable as mounting an FA 77 on a K-1. You made it sound as though Sony had the same functionality as Pentax with K mount lenses with "the limiteds" (which would include the DA limiteds).
I doubt AF be as good as on K1 but it works quite well with tele/standards and wider. I think it would however be really enjoyable putting a FA 31mm on a Sony A7iiiR and have the option of focusing the lens itself to MFD of 10mm for macro shots with af available(although limited). OP I quoted was talking about FA Limiteds. DA limiteds don't have aperture rings.

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 08-17-2018 at 01:24 PM.