Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2018, 09:03 AM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I guess the OP will have to speak for himself. From other posts he has made, he seems to view MILC as inherently superior to DSLR, and going to MILC as the only way a company can "catch" Sony ..... whatever that means.
Yes, he has to speak for himself. I speak for myself and my understatement is that given the specs and performance of Sony and Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras, Sony has an edge, at least on paper because Nikon mirrorless cameras are not yet on the hands of photographers. If he speaks about cameras in general, in my opinion D850 with D5 and D500 are the most balanced cameras currently available.

08-27-2018, 09:06 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
Yes, he has to speak for himself. I speak for myself and my understatement is that given the specs and performance of Sony and Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras, Sony has an edge, at least on paper because Nikon mirrorless cameras are not yet on the hands of photographers. If he speaks about cameras in general, in my opinion D850 with D5 and D500 are the most balanced cameras currently available.
Certainly those cameras would be very attractive at Pentax prices. But they aren't at Pentax prices.
08-27-2018, 09:07 AM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Why are you defending this nonsense?
I'm not defending anyone. I already said that I don't think that Sony is in a position to be catched up by others and I also said a minute ago that if he speaks about cameras in general and not about mirrorless in particular, then Sony has to catch up to Nikon (D5, D500, D850).
08-27-2018, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not defending anyone. I already said that I don't think that Sony is in a position to be catched up by others and I also said a minute ago that if he speaks about cameras in general and not about mirrorless in particular, then Sony has to catch up to Nikon (D5, D500, D850).
Well then my apologies, I thought you might have been.

08-31-2018, 03:05 PM   #80

Let's see what's all about that Canon R system we keep reading...

Don't y'all hate spoilers? :-D

Cheers!

PS- Sony is cool and has many incredible machines, but they can and should be better... The Nikon Z6 and Z7 are nowhere near them... anyway, look at Fujifilm: the APS-C X-Trans cameras can compete with FF cameras in basically most if not all parameters, and for those who want or need to walk the extra mile, it provides a pro grade medium format camera, which is what pros have always used, when given the chance or opportunity... I cannot see why FF is so important: the amateurs won't buy $5000 worth camera plus lens, no matter what... Like they don't go and buy the D850. It's too much for an enthusiast. So, it's not like selling to pros will give you more sales in the prosumer/enthusiast market which is where most people are... Oh, well
08-31-2018, 03:17 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Excalibor Quote
Let's see what's all about that Canon R system we keep reading...

Don't y'all hate spoilers? :-D
Let's see also the upcoming full frame mirrorless from Panasonic.

I cannot see why FF is so important: the amateurs won't buy $5000 worth camera plus lens, no matter what... Like they don't go and buy the D850. It's too much for an enthusiast. So, it's not like selling to pros will give you more sales in the prosumer/enthusiast market which is where most people are... Oh, well
I bought a 3500$ camera and I paid more than 3000$ on lenses. And I'm an enthusiastic photographer. I also know a lot more enthusiastic photographers who bought gear with more than 5000$. Or do you think that all photographers who bought K1 and 2 new modern Pentax lenses are PRO photographers?
08-31-2018, 05:07 PM   #82
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Let's see also the upcoming full frame mirrorless from Panasonic.
Let's see what's all about that Canon R system
So theres 4 in the game with FF and Fuji soon with a MF and crop mode...I like these M/L wars.

08-31-2018, 05:54 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sony price actually go up They change basic setting to new lens 18- 135. Funny they never drop any older model from market
I was in Best buy today and manager photo department told they stop sale Sony SLR .
08-31-2018, 05:55 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
So theres 4 in the game with FF and Fuji soon with a MF and crop mode...I like these M/L wars.
Fragmentation of the market like this must drive lens makers like Sigma, Tamron, Samyang crazy, however.
08-31-2018, 06:07 PM   #85
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sigma ready and best position for both for both Sony and Canon they ready add adapter MC11 and new line Art lenses
I play with canon adapter for Sigma Canon mount on Canon M50 its work actually very well.