RF 35mm F1.8M IS
RF 50mm F1.2L USM
RF 28-70mm F2L USM
RF 24-105mm F4L USM

08-31-2018, 03:53 AM   #2
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A bit cooler line of first lenses than Nikon.

RF 50mm F1.2L USM
RF 28-70mm F2L USM

28MP full frame sensor
Dual Pixel Auto Focus
IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation)
10fps shooting
4k@30fps
1080p@60fps
Priced $1,900
08-31-2018, 04:06 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nikon will drop prices on the Z series, its a trap for Sony who will thing they have arrived. Guess why they have fitted only one card slot...

---------- Post added 31-08-18 at 13:08 ----------

Ah yeah but keep in mind that the Canon might still have their legendary sensor dynamic range.

---------- Post added 31-08-18 at 13:11 ----------

I expect that a number of people will sell their dslr gear at a discount and rush to a milc system and have nothing more after than before except they spent a ton of new money on their milc system.
08-31-2018, 05:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Shots fired... i wonder who will be the victim...

That 28-70 F2 sounds like a real beast (if not misspelled)

08-31-2018, 05:15 AM   #5
jnd

Canon R? I guess that's not similar in any way to Canonflex and Canomatic lenses in R mount from around 1960 RF also sounds like rangefinder. The one that stands out is the F2 zoom. If it's true, Sigma got some competition!

What I'm afraid that the new mount will have new incompatible protocol to prevent 3rd party products and with that Canon will kill much needed adoption rate like Nikon did with the Z.
08-31-2018, 05:54 AM   #6
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jnd Quote

What I'm afraid that the new mount will have new incompatible protocol to prevent 3rd party products and with that Canon will kill much needed adoption rate like Nikon did with the Z.
Canon - I doubt.
08-31-2018, 05:56 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Here at Nokishita - a reliable source

【?】?????「EOS R」???????|?????????

Compared to Nikon - less hype, more lenses

EOS R Body
EOS R 24105 Kit
RF 35mm F1.8M IS
RF 50mm F1.2L USM
RF 28-70mm F2L USM
RF 24-105mm F4L USM
I expected that. They've been doing a fine job on the EF USM line for 30 years now, and converting from 'EF' to 'RF' is probably straight-forward.

08-31-2018, 06:02 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jnd Quote
With 30 years of EF lenses to adopt or adapt, Canon doesn't need third-party help. They have the capability to have a native lens catalog larger than Sony's "in no time".
08-31-2018, 06:11 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
[/COLOR]Ah yeah but keep in mind that the Canon might still have their legendary sensor dynamic range.
Yet, Canon, Sony, Nikon, etc. photographers manage/prefer to use ND gradual filters and all sort of techniques so that they don't have to abuse on the dynamic range. Yet, it seems that photography exist in your opinion only because of dynamic range.

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I expect that a number of people will sell their dslr gear at a discount and rush to a milc system and have nothing more after than before except they spent a ton of new money on their milc system.
These are called options. Some will jump to the new mirrorless due to some futures like eye af or silent shutter. Others will keep their DSLRs. It's better to have a lot of options rather than just a few.
08-31-2018, 06:15 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lets see what the mount is like, there is some speculation about that. A hypothesis concerning the RF mount - Canon Rumors | Canon Rumors Forum
08-31-2018, 07:05 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
These are called options. Some will jump to the new mirrorless due to some futures like eye af or silent shutter. Others will keep their DSLRs. It's better to have a lot of options rather than just a few.
And it's the conclusion we should all have in mind regarding these annoucements from Nikon and Canon. People wanting to move toward FF MILC will now have way more options than going to Sony. It will also increase pressure toward lower prices, which is good for everyone.

I don't plan to buy a FF MILC anytime soon. But these annoucements certainly make the field interesting to watch!

---------- Post added 08-31-18 at 10:10 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Lets see what the mount is like, there is some speculation about that. A hypothesis concerning the RF mount - Canon Rumors | Canon Rumors Forum
I wonder what will be the compatibility with EOS-M. If not, it means the EOS-M will became a deadend system not worthing investing it...
08-31-2018, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlJF Quote
I wonder what will be the compatibility with EOS-M. If not, it means the EOS-M will became a deadend system not worthing investing it...
That depends on who you are. For those of us who purchased Rebels, the EOS-M line may remain a perfectly reasonable choice as long as Canon supports it; their market has always been large enough to support multiple mounts, and right now, EOS-M is the largest MILC line in Japan.
08-31-2018, 07:46 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlJF Quote
The upcoming EOS-M 32mm f1.4 lens suggest that the M mount will be supported. I'm not interested in a full frame mirrorless because I already have a wonderful 5D Mark IV, but I'm interested to see how the M5 Mark II will look like because I do need a small camera for vacation. The only problem I have with mirrorless in general is that I'm not comfortable with the electronic viewfinder. It gives me headaches.
08-31-2018, 08:10 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
The upcoming EOS-M 32mm f1.4 lens suggest that the M mount will be supported. I'm not interested in a full frame mirrorless because I already have a wonderful 5D Mark IV, but I'm interested to see how the M5 Mark II will look like because I do need a small camera for vacation. The only problem I have with mirrorless in general is that I'm not comfortable with the electronic viewfinder. It gives me headaches.
How much time do you spend looking through the viewfinder before you take a picture?
08-31-2018, 08:51 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
How much time do you spend looking through the viewfinder before you take a picture?
As much time as he needs to. If EVFs don’t work for him, why worry about it?