Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2018, 05:36 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
like a larger Xpro2, sounds like it will be more affordable (although, for the image quality, 50s is reasonably priced,
Thats what it will resemble,no OVF,and its same internals as 50s....no removable evf,probably no moveable screen...it will be interesting to some.PRICE a fair way under 645z and 50s.

09-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exciting times! Fuji mf rangefinder, Panasonic ff milc, possibly oly ff milc as well. YouTube reviewers gonna have a lot of work lol
09-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Exciting times! Fuji mf rangefinder, Panasonic ff milc, possibly oly ff milc as well. YouTube reviewers gonna have a lot of work lol
Ive been doing overtime on there just with the Nikon Zeeees.This month marks a significant change for the Hybrid cameras.
09-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #49
mee
Veteran Member

With so many new systems coming online, it almost makes sense to wait it out and see what happens after the dust settles. I wonder if gear rental places like all the extra new systems coming online or not? On one hand, they get a lot more potential customers. On the other, that is a lot more gear to house and support.

09-01-2018, 06:33 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
after the dust settles.
That will be the Nikon factory,20k pm...till the fanbois run out.
09-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #51
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
That will be the Nikon factory,20k pm...till the fanbois run out.

Haha alrighty.

I frankly don't care who wins or loses just as long as we have competent systems with decent support at fair pricing.
09-01-2018, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Ive been doing overtime on there just with the Nikon Zeeees.This month marks a significant change for the Hybrid cameras.
I've been keeping away mostly, not very interested in the Z cameras so far, they seem sort of half baked at this stage. But I'm very curious what Panasonic and oly can bring to the table. I really liked my previous olympus camera, and I like the mft system overall, just can't justify two systems at this point. I probably won't be buying the first Gen ff milc from any of those, but when upgrading k-1 will be feasible, Pentax would have to really sweep me off my feet with K-2

---------- Post added 09-01-18 at 07:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
With so many new systems coming online, it almost makes sense to wait it out and see what happens after the dust settles. I wonder if gear rental places like all the extra new systems coming online or not? On one hand, they get a lot more potential customers. On the other, that is a lot more gear to house and support.
Yeah, I haven't considered what it would do to the rental companies. Also, used market will be full of good stuff lol

Last edited by awscreo; 09-01-2018 at 07:44 PM.
09-01-2018, 07:46 PM   #53
Veteran Member

I've seen some high praise, and very nice images come out of the Fuji MILC MF. While it's out of my price range, I can appreciate what they did with that camera. And it's lighter than my K-1 at 827g. Although I'd imagine the MF lenses are hefty (haven't used MF yet)

Depends on the lens, but they are very similar in size to similar full frame lenses.

09-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fcsnt54 Quote
Depends on the lens, but they are very similar in size to similar full frame lenses.
I should've gone to b&h last time I was in nyc, try to hold the 50s, see how it feels in hands. I hear af isn't great, making it a landscape/fine art/studio camera, which is fine with me. I also heard output is amazing
09-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #55
Veteran Member

I should've gone to b&h last time I was in nyc, try to hold the 50s, see how it feels in hands. I hear af isn't great, making it a landscape/fine art/studio camera, which is fine with me. I also heard output is amazing

Yeah its definitely an interesting camera. I wish the raws were closer to what a pentax camera produces, but i love the jpeg output. Im a slower shooter, so the AF is just fine and works for the portaits that i use it for. Granted im not sure what really fast AF is? It seems quick with the gf 45 lens.... i can only imagine how fuji will treat the next version past the range finder model.

09-01-2018, 08:37 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Yeah its definitely an interesting camera. I wish the raws were closer to what a pentax camera produces, but i love the jpeg output. Im a slower shooter, so the AF is just fine and works for the portaits that i use it for. Granted im not sure what really fast AF is? It seems quick with the gf 45 lens.... i can only imagine how fuji will treat the next version past the range finder model.
Do you mean the 645z output? Does 645z have better raw files? Just curious, since I don't own either camera
09-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Do you mean the 645z output? Does 645z have better raw files? Just curious, since I don't own either camera
As all things it can be subjective, but I do believe so. I find the meta data puzzling when viewing from ON1. Both Cameras have the same sensors, using the same focal length but the 645Z has a higher resolution? GFX- 8256x6192 @72 ppi vs the 645Z- 8256x6192 @300 ppi. I found that puzzling. Might be how the program reads the raw files, but still...I'm perplexed by this.
09-02-2018, 02:58 AM   #58
Pentaxian

Interesting if this happens. probably a larger threat to Sony than Nikon, since Panasonic like Sony is strong in video while Canon and especially Nikon are still more stills minded companies. Being originally Photography companies and not electronic giants. Canon is a bit of both though.
09-02-2018, 04:42 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As all things it can be subjective, but I do believe so. I find the meta data puzzling when viewing from ON1. Both Cameras have the same sensors, using the same focal length but the 645Z has a higher resolution? GFX- 8256x6192 @72 ppi vs the 645Z- 8256x6192 @300 ppi. I found that puzzling. Might be how the program reads the raw files, but still...I'm perplexed by this.
The PPI number embedded in the EXIF is completely meaningless. The standard says that if there isn't a meaningful number to put in that field then the default should be 72, but that's very inconvenient for software that tries to make use of the value so some manufacturers plug in something else.
09-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
The PPI number embedded in the EXIF is completely meaningless. The standard says that if there isn't a meaningful number to put in that field then the default should be 72, but that's very inconvenient for software that tries to make use of the value so some manufacturers plug in something else.

Well thats good to know, never knew that they would just plug a number in.