Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2018, 01:17 PM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mtgmansf Quote
If SL mount,
Its a new mount.

Pentax owners will have the option to use their glass on this camera, if only with manual focus...
As with every other M/L mount.....The CaNik adapters will enable full functionality.May not be every CaNik lens but still will be plenty to choose from.

09-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #137
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Its a new mount.

As with every other M/L mount.....The CaNik adapters will enable full functionality.May not be every CaNik lens but still will be plenty to choose from.
How do you know it is a new mount? Please include a reference...
09-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #138
Pentaxian

Please include a reference...
On the rumour websites they rate the information,the new mount information is near the top level..meaning its close to 100% reliable.

Go to mirrorless rumours and clik the M43 tab...you will find it there.

Posted sept 3.

---------- Post added 09-12-18 at 07:57 AM ----------

So the latest is...A lot more MP than the 30 thats been reported and the sensor is a Panasonic design(they do own a slice of TowerJazz).

Last edited by surfar; 09-11-2018 at 01:55 PM.
09-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #139
Pentaxian

On the rumour websites they rate the information,the new mount information is near the top level..meaning its close to 100% reliable.

Go to mirrorless rumours and clik the M43 tab...you will find it there.

Posted sept 3.

---------- Post added 09-12-18 at 07:57 AM ----------

So the latest is...A lot more MP than the 30 thats been reported and the sensor is a Panasonic design(they do own a slice of TowerJazz).
Thanks for this information. Seems crazy that Panasonic would create yet another mount,- adding a third new FF mount to the Canikon MILC equation. Also, I found every kind of adapter imaginable for the Leica SL mount already. Hopefully, they will have a major, technical reason for this new mount, but it is starting to go crazy for adapter manufacturers. I do like the new Canon version though, since it seems to be very fast and they also have a controller ring and a filter version - although I would prefer a version with both in one. That said, I like Nikon better for stills and Panasonic for video... So far the Canikon cameras themselves seem to have shortcomings, so I hope the Panasonic offering is "all that!" I do anticipate a big price on this new Panasonic FF, given the 8K and the price of the GH5s...

09-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is crazy. There are a huge number of mounts out there now if we include the legacy mounts like F mount, K mount and EOS. Most of the new mirrorless ones are in the 17 to 20 mm range with regard to registration distance. Some have a little bigger diameter, but it says that companies just can't cooperate that there are so many needed right now.

I thought Sony's was usable by others without royalty fees of some kind, but I guess not.
09-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #141
Pentaxian

I do anticipate a big price on this new Panasonic FF, given the 8K
Yes, 3000 U$ has been bandied around but it could be more???

Present Panasonic buyers are paying a fair bit for GH5 and S,the FF will offer much more,so perhaps the price is justified.

Panasonic could jump in at the top end, 50 mp has been suggested but lets wait and see.

8K isnt a given at this point,theres no news on that yet.However,this line of camera is the one that 8K will be in.Itwont be in M43 line.
09-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #142
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I see Panasonic releasing a 4K FF camera for ~$2,500, and a 8k version for at least $3,500+

09-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #143
Pentaxian

Thanks for this information. Seems crazy that Panasonic would create yet another mount,
Well, the latest news is that Leica has some sort of involvement with the development of FF Panasonic, perhaps it could be a Leica mount afterall.

Its been a crazy month of speculation from all the brands leading into PhotoKina???
09-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #144
Pentaxian

Well, the latest news is that Leica has some sort of involvement with the development of FF Panasonic, perhaps it could be a Leica mount afterall.

Its been a crazy month of speculation from all the brands leading into PhotoKina???
Since the Leica- Panasonic strategic relationship has been around for a long while, and since the Leica SL is up and running with some great lenses and many adapters for all high-end cine and camera mounts, it seems like a sound way forward. However, if the mount falls short of needed electronics mount, it seems that additional contacts can always be added for advancements- as has been done with the ever-evolving Pentax mount.

Last edited by mtgmansf; 09-12-2018 at 06:49 PM. Reason: correction
09-17-2018, 02:36 PM   #145
Pentaxian

So the highest level rumour,so it can be taken as "reliable" is saying the Pano FF has a higher MP count than 42.

Consequently,its no entry level FF.

Aimed at highend video and stills.
09-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #146
Pentaxian

Thanks for this information. Seems crazy that Panasonic would create yet another mount
perhaps it could be a Leica mount afterall.
Well, it seems the SL mount is correct.

The announcement on 25th brings Sigma into the development equation as well.

"Many" new lenses available on release...Not too sure "how MANY" but we can just wait and see!
09-24-2018, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #147
Pentaxian

Well, it seems the SL mount is correct.

The announcement on 25th brings Sigma into the development equation as well.

"Many" new lenses available on release...Not too sure "how MANY" but we can just wait and see!
I think the new strategic alliance between Sigma, Panasonic, and Leica is a brilliant move! If Panasonic creates a good camera FF for video and stills, Nikon and Canon will experience some competition pain, especially since their new mirrorless offerings all have some shortcomings. With Sigma on board it is possible that many new lenses will be released quickly for the L mount and this system will leapfrog the new closed and proprietary Canikon mirrorless systems, provided they have a competative sensor. Also, Panasonic has no reason to limit it's new offerings, since it has no internal competition with their own FF dslrs to contend with. Let the games begin...
09-24-2018, 04:08 PM   #148
Pentaxian

Let the games begin...
A most interesting scenario,thats for sure.
09-24-2018, 04:45 PM   #149
Veteran Member

They should have the 6 Sigma ART lenses that are available for Sony, plus the 4 Sigma lenses that are set to be released, plus the 3 that Panasonic will release, plus the 6 Leica lenses.
09-24-2018, 06:23 PM   #150
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
They should have the 6 Sigma ART lenses that are available for Sony, plus the 4 Sigma lenses that are set to be released, plus the 3 that Panasonic will release, plus the 6 Leica lenses.
A feast of glass for sure!

Yet all I want from Pentax is one modest 11-18mm that I can actually buy and use..