Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2018, 03:30 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nikon takes the lead.FF Mirrorless.

The reason for one card slot is that the battery pack is a WI FI sender as well.

The tech just jumped ahead a fair way.

The Z series card is the back up, Video/Raws/jpegs can be sent up to 200m to a smart device as the camera is recording them.

So Nikon HAS reinvented M/L!

09-03-2018, 04:09 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Car makers reinvented the windscreen. From now on, drivers will have to look through an electronic viewfinder display with the benefit of being able to drive and see at the same time the engine parameters overlaid on the electronic display. LATES motors, the leading brand of windscreenless cars have mentioned that they will be offering videos ads overlaid on top the engine parameters while driving. The early adopters have been very proud of their new way of driving, although police officers have noticed a significant increase in car accidents and authorities are now investigating but LATES promized politicians to subsidize their next political campaign is they keep their mouth shut on the topic.
09-03-2018, 04:14 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote

The reason for one card slot is that the battery pack is a WI FI sender as well.

The Z series card is the back up, Video/Raws/jpegs can be sent up to 200m to a smart device as the camera is recording them.

So Nikon HAS reinvented M/L!
Is this for real? With your laughing face I can't be sure. Most of the time I'm using my camera I'm out of reach of WiFi, and my phone doesn't have enough capacity for me to be willing to trust it, so I do hope this was meant to be funny.
09-03-2018, 04:31 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Most of the time I'm using my camera I'm out of reach of WiFi,
The Wifi connection will be between the camera body and the battery grip, when the grip is mounted the distance is short enough for the second card to be loading photos from the first card in the background (the user won't notice). Wifi of the grip will have unique SSID so that photos don't get offloading into the grip of another Nikon user nearby.

09-03-2018, 04:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Is this for real? With your laughing face I can't be sure. Most of the time I'm using my camera I'm out of reach of WiFi, and my phone doesn't have enough capacity for me to be willing to trust it, so I do hope this was meant to be funny.
The battery pack is linked by USB-c,to the camera...it provides enough power for a new WiFi system to transmit all the images to Phone/Tablet/Laptop within a range of 200m....Nikon has only just revealed this.Nikon are laughing now and when CF express becomes available its just a firmware update to have 1 gb/sec .

Theres lots of people who will change their view soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
the second card
That card doesnt exist...its not in the battery pack.The battery pack is a power source only.

Fast forward to 15.30

Last edited by surfar; 09-03-2018 at 04:50 AM.
09-03-2018, 05:28 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Huh? You mean the photos made with the zwhatever don't automatically upload to your brain where they can be processed with much more finesse than any AI could ever do? That's disappointing.
09-03-2018, 06:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
? Nikon has done WiFi for some time - eg
Using Your Nikon Camera's Built-in Wi-Fi

K-1 also has built-in WiFi. And several capable apps exist for K-1 (for Android/ios/Windows) to do image transfers.

So as far as I can tell, this is hardly news or much of a step ahead for anyone.

Last edited by rawr; 09-03-2018 at 06:13 AM.
09-03-2018, 06:24 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
So as far as I can tell
Oh OK.
09-03-2018, 06:54 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
? Nikon has done WiFi for some time - eg
Using Your Nikon Camera's Built-in Wi-Fi

K-1 also has built-in WiFi. And several capable apps exist for K-1 (for Android/ios/Windows) to do image transfers.

So as far as I can tell, this is hardly news or much of a step ahead for anyone.
They added RAW which many systems don't transfer, and it isn't clear, but it may be pushing the files as they are shot rather than pulling them on demand later.
09-03-2018, 07:43 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There are hundreds of situations where I wouldn't want to be fiddling with a phone/tablet. Not to mention that would drain the battery faster of both devices. Transfer over wifi is slower than a USB 3 card reader as well, and you have to copy them over wifi as the media transfer protocol of mobile devices is slow.

I think for most people, one XQD card will be acceptable. But using wifi as the backup probably won't be for people who want the assurances of two cards.