Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Z7 Nikon PRE production video capability.

If considering this system for video work?Here is something that may be of interest?

Firstly an overview of how they made the video...about 6 minutes.

Then the final production ...3 mins.

09-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #2
Pentaxian

In the same studio , you would get the same video result with a pentax k1. Here the singer and lighting setup and the camera rig and sound recording system does 99% of the work. You could replacectge z 7 by any camera that can record fhd at 30p and be enjoying good result. And everyone of us does record professional singers .

Last edited by biz-engineer; 09-10-2018 at 10:05 PM.
09-10-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
you would get the same video result with a pentax k1
In your dreams FanBoi!
09-10-2018, 11:14 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
In your dreams FanBoi!
No, I know how much role a camera plays in capturing videos and images: camera plays a very minor role. People with no experience give way too much credit to the camera equipment. People giving credit to camera equipment is the evidence that they are zero with regards to media creation. Sorry to have to write that, but it's true. Just look at how much staging is done prior to recording that video: first the model, second the lighting, third the background, fourth the rails and gimbals rigs, last is the camera. BTW I'm afraid those two videos linked above are not 4K, they are 1080p max. Best regards.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 09-10-2018 at 11:22 PM.
09-10-2018, 11:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
you would get the same video result with a pentax k1
Or even a K-x. It's not always the gear.

09-10-2018, 11:49 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is really good advertisement for Nikon. Loving dynamic range, and seems that they really did/do know what they are doing. But as stated above, with out great light, set desingn, energy and looks, it would be nearly as good shot with almost any modern camera. In right hands.
09-11-2018, 12:49 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes, all whats been said is correct...HOWever...it was trusted to do this with a new camera with firmware thats not the final release.

Its a professional effort with whats been deemed an enthusiasts camera...I wonder how my smart phone and 50 years experience would have gone?

09-11-2018, 01:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I wonder how my smart phone and 50 years experience would have gone?
Probably OK, assuming you have an iPhone.

09-11-2018, 02:04 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
iPhone.
I'd rather have a real Chinese phone!

---------- Post added 09-11-18 at 08:15 PM ----------

Or even a K-x
Are those YTs supposed to be good?...

---------- Post added 09-11-18 at 08:18 PM ----------

assuming you have an iPhone.
Nice electronic noise there on that Iphone video,i suppose someone may like it.
09-11-2018, 02:49 AM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Video is mostly about set up -- having steady cam, having the right lighting and sound equipment for excellent audio quality. This, followed by good editing makes something actually watchable. Most people with a Z6/7 will just come away with the same shaky cam footage with crappy audio that they have been getting with their cell phones or Canon camcorders.

Having 4K video available is nice, but clips on the internet are downsampled enough that the quality isn't particularly there -- beyond which a lot of folks don't even have 4K screens to watch such footage on.
09-11-2018, 03:13 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

Are those YTs supposed to be good?...
They are commendable efforts. Just a sample of the many K-x videos that are out there on Vimeo and YouTube, helping many people tell their stories or develop their movie making skills. Whaddaya expect? Avatar?
09-11-2018, 03:27 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Whaddaya expect? Avatar?
Well that was made in Sydneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
09-11-2018, 03:31 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Most people with a Z6/7 will just come away with the same shaky cam footage with crappy audio that they have been getting with their cell phones or Canon camcorders.
+1. Only the smallest percentage of buyers will, I think, be experienced videographers committing these cameras to serious video work. The rest will be normal camera hobbyists.
09-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1. Only the smallest percentage of buyers will, I think, be experienced videographers committing these cameras to serious video work. The rest will be normal camera hobbyists.
If you just take a look of those rigs, lights, set etc in that video presented at top...it does not come together just like that. Even if you do rent out most of the stuff. Careful planning, timetable, crew who know what they are doing. That is pro stuff, not just to see how it could pan out. As clock is ticking, money is burning. But if Nikon pays for that rent and stuff and then some, you will do it. But good try, Canon will do this thing next. They have many videographers already...let's see and do not forget popcorn, and perhaps some other refreshments too