Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Rollei TLR filter sizes?

I've picked up some filters (one made by Rollei and three others with no maker's name) that are presumably intended for one of the Rollei TLRs. Since I don't own the camera I want to sell them on - the snag is that for some reason it seems to be almost impossible to find out the sizes of Rollei filters - Rollei used different bayonet sizes eg Bayonet I, Bayonet II, etc., and every site I've tried for this talks about which bayonet fits which lens, without mentioning their actual size!

The filters I have are all about 36-37mm in diameter. The actual mount is 32.7mm diameter with three small protruding flanges, inner diameter 30mm.

My guess is that this is Bayonet I or II, but I'm really not sure. Anyone know, or able to measure their own filters to check?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix S5700 S700  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
FinePix S5700 S700  Photo 
09-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

If I can find my calipers I'll measure my 3,5e tomorrow. You may have to join a Rollei forum to get a more accurate answer
The 1 that's genuine Rollei has more value than a no name. They're making Rollei filters in India and can be bought Cheap. Quality is ehhhhh
I'll let you know tomorrow.
09-11-2018, 08:14 PM - 1 Like   #3

The 30mm interior fits my f3.5 Rolleiflex Automat, and so will also fit the other f3.5 Rolleiflexes, Automat, Yashicamats. It's bay I.
09-12-2018, 06:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I found my calipers. As in photo 1, my measurement is 37mm. Camera is Rolleflex 3,5e, Planar taking lens. Rollei site says Bayonet 2.

09-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #5

You mentioned that your interior measure was 30mm. That's what works with my Rolleiflex automat. If you're still craving more info there's always the Rollei club pages (where you can see which 3.5's, like the Planar, are Bay 2, and which (like my Tessar) are classed as Bay 1.
That link is below.
What I can say with confidence is a 30mm interior with the usual bayonet connectors fits my Automat, and is a Bay I.

All Rollei - Rolleiflex - Rolleicord - TLR Cameras by year - www.rolleiclub.com
09-12-2018, 05:46 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'm still a bit confused because everyone seems to be measuring different parts of the filter - I'm assuming that the important part is the actual bayonet mount, which as in the first picture is 32.6mm (ignoring the size of the flanges) on the genuine Rollei filter. I'm going to go with Rollei 1, I think, but say I'm not sure and post these pictures with the listing so that the buyer will know exactly what they're getting.
09-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #7

Your intuition about what is important makes sense from a strictly logical point of view, but I think you'll find that the _most_ important thing is that a standard name be attached to a standard size so that everyone's on the same page. On that question, Rollei settled on the 30mm filter size measurement. So, for purposes of your sale, that's what matters most. That's why people who sell bay 1 mounting items (like this hood amazon.com : Bayonet 1 (Bay1/B-30) Mount Lens Hood for Rolleicord, Rolleiflex, Yashica EM, Mat, Mat-124, Mat-124G TLR : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20& ) also identify them as "B30"

09-13-2018, 03:53 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
OK, thanks, I'll try that.