Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
09-14-2018, 08:12 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mtgmansf Quote
All you have to do is use your browser, Google, or Facebook to be surveilled.
or use your phone.

09-14-2018, 08:19 AM   #32
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Fuji has history in medium format i'm not debating that- however, much has changed since they were around. In the film days, fuji's medium format cameras and lenses were never high volume products, at least not on the scale that Canon and Nikon are presently up to. Personally from what I have seen: Fuji's offerings in MF have been met with lukewarm response among the commercial photography crowd. Phase one already have the high resolution market in the bag, 100mp is old news when hasselblad have 400Mp multishot backs.
So to be relevant Pentax has to come with a 645 imx461 100 mp bsi sensor and squeeze in a new 5-axis sensor shift stabilisation to do Pixel Shift images.

Not un possible, but a big job. Needs some other updates as well. Faster processing, new af, faster writing to cards, since files will be huge.
09-14-2018, 08:19 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Which do you think are the key selling points of these newly developed sensors?
I simply lament that cool tech like these high MP sensors seems to be directly marketed for surveillance applications. Like we don't have enough of that already.

---------- Post added 2018-09-15 at 01:26 AM ----------

All you have to do is use your browser, Google, or Facebook to be surveilled.
And phone.

It is only 2018, and that's already scary. Where will we be at in 2028?
09-14-2018, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
the new BSI IMX461
Yes its going to be BSI.100mp.Thats the only thing Fuji are saying but 25th is a "development update" information release.

---------- Post added 09-15-18 at 07:48 AM ----------

the best Fuji can come up with is more pixels?
Well Yes, at this stage because BSI 100mp is the only information at this point in time.The development update(25th) will reveal something more.

---------- Post added 09-15-18 at 07:51 AM ----------

And they will, in all probability, fall flat on their faces.
Yes,no removable backs so could fall face down!

09-14-2018, 04:37 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I doubt the weather-sealed Fujifilm GFx50s is geared for the studio crowd. However, I have encountered several landscape photographers who have chosen and love this camera. I was also in a class where the instructor compared his D850 files to the GFX50s raw files - there was not much of a difference! Having a 100mp or 150mp, however, will thoroughly ensconce Fuji MP cameras in this and other categories, being the lightweight, highly portable MF camera system it is, cpmplete with all weather-sealed lenses and ultra-wides that actually go very wide. Also, there is the factor of cost and weight added with shuttered lenses. Here is a thoughtful article addressing the above:
Why Leaf Shutter Lenses Aren't Important for the Fujifilm GFX 50S | Fstoppers
I guess it depends on how decent the auto focus is on the follow up GFX cameras. According to user reports on the GFX 50 it is sub-optimal. I think the issue has been using contrast auto focus without PD AF points on the sensor. Certainly for non moving things in studio or for landscape, it is probably more than adequate.

Clearly Pentax has the opportunity to match whatever and Pentax could go full frame if they want.