Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2018, 08:20 AM   #46
Veteran Member

It appears that the new cameras will be compatible with MFT accessories (Flash/wireless controllers). If Sigma has all of its lenses ready for launch on the new L mount that it has for the Sony FE mount and all of the flash units/controllers for MFT are ready to go, then this will be one of the most complete product launches we have seen. It will launch with more high quality glass and 3rd party support than K-mount has currently for FF.

09-23-2018, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Rumored specs (Via L-rumours.com):

QuoteQuote:
Panasonic high End Full Frame camera
– Close to 50 Megapixels
– L-mount
– Panasonic designed and manufactured sensor
– 4k60p
– IBIS
– 150 Megapixel stills in Pixel Shift mode
– Dual card slot (one card should be SD)
– Price below the Sony A9 (close to $4,000)
Panasonic entry level Full Frame camera
– 20+ megapixels
– L-mount
– Panasonic designed and manufactured sensor
– 4k60p
– IBIS
– Dual card slot (one card should be SD)
Panasonic FF lenses
– 24-70mm
– 70-200mm
– 50mm
Sigma will make L-mount lenses, and EF to L-mount autofocus adapter and they are also developing an L-mount camera.
09-24-2018, 01:04 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Panasonic S is the name.

The top model is 48mp(other is 24mp)

Price just below U$ 4000ish!

Pixel shift images 150mp....Its 80 in m43.

Today is the day,lots of announcements even Ricoh has one!
09-24-2018, 09:36 PM   #49
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Nikoshita has leaked the press release of the ALLIANCE. its in japansese but an english version is on mirrorlessrumours.com

09-25-2018, 02:55 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So I guess Sigma is in the "alliance" purely to make sure there are Sigma lenses available for the new mount?
09-25-2018, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
So I guess Sigma is in the "alliance" purely to make sure there are Sigma lenses available for the new mount?
Maybe, and if so a canny business move. Sigma have been very astute in gradually moving their branding from cheap and cheerful to up there with the best, and now even associated with Leica. Smart. Sigma saw the flight to quality coming before most did. However, the L mount also means that Sigma could drop their own SLR mount and produce an L mount Foveon (or not Foveon) camera. So Sigma have options, if the small print of the alliance permits it.

Last edited by mecrox; 09-25-2018 at 03:40 AM.
09-25-2018, 04:59 AM   #52
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So the Panasonic bodies are the S1(24mp) and S1R(for resolution 47mp)

IBIS and Lens stabilisation, the first 60fps 4K FF on the market.Launching with a 50mm f1.4 /24-105/70-200...i havent learnt the Fstops yet.

In the announcement Leica revealed a MF 64mp body capable of 4K video(get a room size hard drive to store those files).

Sigma were dreaming"of high end products"

The launch is on YouTube,if anyones interested...

09-25-2018, 01:32 PM   #53
Pentaxian

Looks like Sigma pulls the plug out of SA mount and all the future Foveon cameras will be L mount.
Just when I was about to buy SD Quattro H. Heh.
09-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #54
Veteran Member

On paper the S bodies look very good, but color me disappointed that Panasonic decided to double down on the DFD CDAF instead of just going with proven PDAF. I own a GH5 and I can tell you DFD is not good, especially in video and with third-party/adapted lenses. And no, adding "AI" is not the answer.

I was watching this wave of new FF mirrorless cameras closely, but all of them (including Sony) have some show-stopping flaws for me right now, so it looks like I'll be skipping this first generation and seeing who takes the criticism seriously and makes the biggest improvements in the next generation.

Actually the most exciting thing from this Photokina for me is the 10-25mm f/1.7 m4/3 lens from Pana. Would be an excellent replacement for the adapted 18-35mm f/1.8 Sigma with Metabones Speedbooster, specifically because of the focus problems with DFD and third-party lenses, and the optical distortions (field curvature, chromatic aberration, etc.) that even the best focal reducers add.

Last edited by Cannikin; 09-25-2018 at 02:51 PM.
09-25-2018, 03:20 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
Actually the most exciting thing from this Photokina for me is the 10-25mm f/1.7 m4/3 lens from Pana. Would be an excellent replacement for the adapted 18-35mm f/1.8 Sigma with Metabones Speedbooster, specifically because of the focus problems with DFD and third-party lenses, and the optical distortions (field curvature, chromatic aberration, etc.) that even the best focal reducers add.
Yes,definitely worth considering.
QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
I'll be skipping this first generation and seeing who takes the criticism seriously and makes the biggest improvements in the next generation.
Well, lets see if any can reach the $$$ony level,who have pleaded(5th) and remained silent...They have been patient.

Watch closely on whats next from them!
09-25-2018, 05:09 PM - 2 Likes   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
From What I read. Sigma will make a body in L-mount and discontinue its current mount. So we should see a Foveon option in L mount. For people who do studio work and can control the light, the Foveon has a lot of potential.
09-25-2018, 05:56 PM - 1 Like   #57
Pentaxian

Original Poster
All 3 will have bodies and lenses,and presumably share(?) tech...I watched the announcement and it was good getting the thoughts of the different corporations.
Combined they could,with time,sneek up on the Big 3.

The winners are the consumers, has there ever been a period with as much new stuff as the last month?

Announcements are just that, we will see how all the players bring the gear into being.

I hope Ricoh can evolve their product to stay in the game.
09-26-2018, 01:37 AM   #58
Pentaxian

I wonder if Ricoh is considering making an 'alliance' with some other companies for K mount and/or 645 mount. I guess Samsung (for the sensors, if the rumors are true), Tamron or Tokina would be a good pick. However, working on yesterday's tech (DSLR) is not in line with the current mirrorless hype, so these companies probably won't see it as worth investing... unless some sort of game-changer (hybrid viewfinder, full format 645) gets introduced.