Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Fuji XT-3 anyone???

Has anyone got the new XT-3 or thinking of getting one?
Any picture to share if you got one?

09-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
Dan
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax_WA Quote
I think that Fuji screwed the pooch on this one. After putting IBS in the X-H1 (yipee!) they decided to leave it out of the XT-3. So no, I'm not thinking of getting one. Maybe the XT-4?
09-26-2018, 10:29 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Quote
I think that Fuji screwed the pooch on this one. After putting IBS in the X-H1 (yipee!) they decided to leave it out
The Fuji IBIS doesnt fit the small bodies,when XH-2 comes with the XT3 goodies,it will be stabilised.

Maybe the XT-4?
maybe?
09-26-2018, 10:46 PM - 1 Like   #4

I just got one. It’ll be my Birds In Flight camera. I’ll leave the macro and landscape stuff for my K-1. I wanted to use the X-T3’s front and rear dials to control the aperture and shutter respectively, à la K-1, but alas, that is simply not possible, so my muscle memory has to consider another workflow. BTW, I shot with Pentax SLRs back in the 80s, so using the aperture ring on my new Fujinon lens and the top-mounted shutter speed control on the X-T3 is not a big issue. But still.

09-26-2018, 10:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I think that Fuji screwed the pooch on this one. After putting IBS in the X-H1 (yipee!) they decided to leave it out of the XT-3. So no, I'm not thinking of getting one. Maybe the XT-4?
Fuji withhold IBIS as a "premium" feature to go into only their most expensive cameras and it looks like that doesn't include even the "T" series.

I'd love an X-T3 but no money for it
10-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Can people share their pictures, please?
11-06-2018, 07:18 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Will most likely be getting a silver one this month or the next. Interested in the video functionality on a stabilizer.

11-06-2018, 08:05 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

No IBIS, no sale. This was one of the possible cameras that I had considered a while ago, but the lack of IBIS was a deal killer for me. Maybe the X-T4.....
11-07-2018, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

IBIS is too big to fit in the XT-3 body so you will be waiting a long time. If you want IBIS with XT-3 features then you will have to wait on the X-H2.

---------- Post added 11-07-18 at 12:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
The Fuji IBIS doesnt fit the small bodies,when XH-2 comes with the XT3 goodies,it will be stabilised.

maybe?
I don't think people understand how much space IBIS takes.
11-07-2018, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fuji XT-3 anyone???

Can people share their pictures, please?
Kit lens.

First one Is from a raw file, PP in Lightroom.

All following are jpegs SOOC.

11-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Got a silver one. Looks so retro sexy. The new AF has significantly improved over XT-2 and I was quite happy with XT-2 given I had used K3II for years.
11-08-2018, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

^ Nice!

Everyone is making a leaps & bounds advancement in AF performance & now Fujifilm has take a major step forward in that area too. I've seen a few X-T3 videos & have read some reviews already. As far as overall performance, this might be the new leader in APS-C cameras. The D500 only beats it by a hair as far as AF performance for stills go, but it does very poorly in video. This is where the X-T3 blows it out of the water. It's AF system is still leaps & bounds better than a lot of other DSLR & mirrorless cameras out there & it can do video quite well. I wonder what they'll do a few years from now with the X-T4.

Hopefully Ricoh puts some effort in to the AF system in the upcoming K-3II replacement. It doesn't have to be on the level of the D500, 7D II, or even the X-T3, but hopefully it'll be a lot better than anything Pentax currently has or has ever released.
11-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Hopefully Ricoh puts some effort in to the AF system in the upcoming K-3II replacement.
I don't think Ricoh has an answer.

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Everyone is making a leaps & bounds advancement in AF performance & now Fujifilm has take a major step forward in that area too.
It amazing to see how bad the AF was on the X-Pro 1 and then see the XT-3. Fuji has done an amazing job improving their products and listening to their customers. I understand why people love the company and products.
11-08-2018, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

i was going to buy one, until i handled one. hated the dials, hated the lack of grip. then looking at features or lack thereof i ended up with an olympus em1 mkii. no regrets. yes the m43 isn't the same as apsc, but the em1 was the same price as the xt3, similar lens selection, and a feature set that's not even comparable.

i'd say go play with one before buying.
11-08-2018, 08:02 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wibbly Quote
i was going to buy one, until i handled one. hated the dials, hated the lack of grip. then looking at features or lack thereof i ended up with an olympus em1 mkii. no regrets. yes the m43 isn't the same as apsc, but the em1 was the same price as the xt3, similar lens selection, and a feature set that's not even comparable.

i'd say go play with one before buying.
The OMD-EM1-2 is a great camera with some really good glass for it. I would take one over any Canon APS-C body. It easily holds its own against the majority of APS-C cameras sold. AF is really fast and accurate. Best feature set of any camera on the market.