Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
09-29-2018, 12:16 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice features, and yet another distagon type 35mm f/2 from Zeiss*. However the physical body design of this camera: it's the worst kind of minimalism.

* A 28mm f/1.4 Biogon would have been more exciting, or even a 12mm f/4 Hologon.

09-29-2018, 09:07 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
However the physical body design of this camera: it's the worst kind of minimalism.
That was my immediate reaction as well. Thinking a bit more about it it could however have decent ergonomics non the less.

The idea that this sort of boys room minimalism, I'm thinking deodorant marketed at young men, is the pinnacle of sophisticated design is rather outdated. I quite like reduced well judged interfaces and is not a "more is always more" kind of guy. But this Porshe design type stuff is tedious.
10-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I can suggest the K-1 and the FA35mm f2 would give you great fun again without needing to win big, Mecrox.
I agree... but that's a larger setup. I have to say I love to go out with the small and capable K-S1 and the A 24 2.8 (or the DA 35 2.4). With a 24mm lens on APS-C (35mm equivalent on FF), there's so much depth of field, if I set it at f/5.6 or smaller and hyperfocal, it is really like carrying a point and shoot with me. Nice and light, too.
10-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I agree... but that's a larger setup. I have to say I love to go out with the small and capable K-S1 and the A 24 2.8 (or the DA 35 2.4). With a 24mm lens on APS-C (35mm equivalent on FF), there's so much depth of field, if I set it at f/5.6 or smaller and hyperfocal, it is really like carrying a point and shoot with me. Nice and light, too.
Sure, CR, there are lots of little cameras and lenses to go with them, but the OP was describing the full frame Zeiss with its 35mm f2.

10-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Sure, CR, there are lots of little cameras and lenses to go with them, but the OP was describing the full frame Zeiss with its 35mm f2.
Well I quoted your reply which was to someone who was missing his days spent shooting with a Nikon 35Ti and slide film. In that case, I'd say a compact APS-C camera would work well.
10-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Well I quoted your reply which was to someone who was missing his days spent shooting with a Nikon 35Ti and slide film. In that case, I'd say a compact APS-C camera would work well.
Yeah, but that's full frame rather than crop, CR.

I've owned both the K-S1 and K-S2 BTW - great little APS-C cameras.

Last edited by clackers; 10-04-2018 at 03:18 PM.
10-04-2018, 04:27 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Yeah, but that's full frame rather than crop, CR.

I've owned both the K-S1 and K-S2 BTW - great little APS-C cameras.
APS-C gives a lot better quality images now than 35mm film ever did, though! And better (more) DOF for the more common uses of a wide angle lens point and shoot setup.
Anyway, it was just a suggestion... No need to call the Spanish Inquisition

10-04-2018, 04:42 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No need to call the Spanish Inquisition
10-05-2018, 01:35 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The 35Ti was a premium product back in the day. Perhaps equivalents now would be say a Fuji 100F or an Oly Pen F albeit both are larger, I think. And both would likely have better IQ than 35mm film.
10-05-2018, 03:03 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It will be expensive (out of my price range) and probably not the most ergonomic camera to shoot. I doubt too that Zeiss is actually making it, except for the lenses and has probably contracted with some other firm to produce it for them. They haven't exactly produced a lot of camera bodies lately.

Still, it could be an OK street camera, depending on how much money you are willing to risk with one of those.
10-05-2018, 03:26 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
except for the lenses and has probably contracted with some other firm to produce it for them.
possibly Fuji....though as I recall that relationship had soured somewhat over time, it could be someone else.