Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #31
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
TechArt Pro.It works with "most" Canon and Sigma lenses.

As well as Steelsring,Kipon,Fotodiox.
I hope the TechArt adapter is better than their Pro M for E-mount. I bought one of those a few months ago for my A7 MkII and while it does indeed work, honestly, it's not great. It has gone back in the box and will end up on eBay, I think. The positive reviews are undoubtedly a result of the product filling a niche rather than doing so elegantly. Fotodiox's adapter is near-enough identical in functionality, being an unauthorised copy of the TechArt product.

I'd want to see very stringent tests of such an adapter (along with various lenses) in a multitude of photographic situations before I'd consider that a viable solution for full-frame third-party lenses on a GFX.

I'd prefer to see a native Fujifilm product for adapting third party lenses. Then, I might consider the GFX a viable 35mm full frame solution - but still, as you say, there's the slower performance... and, for most people, the cost. So it's still not really a full frame solution. Just a means of bending a medium format solution to suit, more-or-less...

10-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Fotodiox's adapter is near-enough identical in functionality, being an unauthorised copy of the TechArt product.
They dont know what patents are!

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'd want to see very stringent tests of such an adapter (along with various lenses) in a multitude of photographic situations before I'd consider that a viable solution for full-frame third-party lenses on a GFX
Yes, me too...theres some YouTube stuff about that Ive seen.I'll revisit that .

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 09:55 AM ----------

10-10-2018, 08:28 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I am most likely picking up an X-T3 in the very near future and maybe a couple of lenses. It is mostly for video and sports/action shooting since I shoot for a surfing/beach clothing brand and they are requesting more action shots. The video features are really nice and I am thinking of adapting some vintage lenses for certain looks for video. I plan to keep shooting Pentax for my portraits and occasional landscapes.
Good idea...check this stuff.

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 02:29 PM ----------

………………………………………………….
10-11-2018, 12:43 AM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

Everyone needs to make a decision based on what they want from their camera system. For anyone smart, marketing doesn't come into the picture.

Advantages of Fujifilm over Pentax?

- Smaller
- Lighter
- Better AF (especially accuracy)*
- Better exposure*
- Better range of designed-for-APS-C lenses, especially if you like small primes**
- Better video
- Virtually any lens can be adapted to them*
- Fantastic SOOC jpegs
- Much faster development of new lenses
- On-lens aperture rings (in most cases) feel more natural to use

Disadvantages:

- Much more expensive for what you get, especially if you want WR
- No cheap lens options
- Virtually no third-party lens support
- Some people don't live EVFs or focusing using a screen
- Many lenses are much more expensive than the nearest equivalent for Pentax
- Poorer ergonomics (debatable but generally an SLR shape fits the hand better than a small mirrorless camera)
- No IBIS on most models
- No upgrade path to FF (though if you want FF just buy it, systems need to be bought for what they are now, not what they may become later)
- No limited lenses (Fuji lenses are small and generally made of metal but they lack the feel and class of the limiteds)

* These are theoretically advantages of any well-implemented mirrorless system over SLRs
** This is debatable of course but they're small and generally faster and very, very sharp with great rendering