Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
12-25-2018, 02:03 PM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Its one body that has grown larger by including the vertical grip. They make one larger body and you loose interest in the entire system? They are still going to make the smaller bodies as an option.
I was trying not to make a definitive statement by choosing my words appropriately, but I obviously left out the logic step between the beginning and end. If the top end is a pointer to the future of the system, and the top end grows in size (lenses as well as body) then the system loses some of its appeal (I did say “some” before). My interest has been in the OM-D EM5 II, because of its size and its EVF (which is the first one that I’ve looked at that gave a reasonable image and response) and I may still go that way for a travel camera. However, the recent fall in pricing here for the KP (on sale for about $850AU) makes a strong case for sticking with my DA lenses, rather than buying into a different system.

On the size of the new body, I wasn’t including the battery grip when I said it looked like it had grown, but the size of the holder’s hands in the photographs obviously has an effect on perception, which is why I was hesitant to say that it definitely had grown. We’ll see when it’s officially released.

12-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote

On the size of the new body, I wasn’t including the battery grip when I said it looked like it had grown, but the size of the holder’s hands in the photographs obviously has an effect on perception, which is why I was hesitant to say that it definitely had grown. We’ll see when it’s officially released.
Jared Polin is a pretty small guy. 5'4"-5'5" maybe. I have ran into him once or twice at events like WPPI. I don't think his fro was as big back then.
12-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #108
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My interest has been in the OM-D EM5 II, because of its size and its EVF (which is the first one that I’ve looked at that gave a reasonable image and response) and I may still go that way for a travel camera.
Ive just "updated" from em5...picked up a used limited edition(3700ish accutations) A$ 485 delivered.Its a great little camera and 3 years more advanced over EM-5(I have 2 em5s for sale if you want to get in pretty cheap for a try out?)

On the other side of the coin,or should I say
$850AU
...that price is pretty darn good.
12-25-2018, 10:44 PM   #109
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
O-MD EM5 II VF is not really good IMHO. It has lag, hurts my eye, but it is big. I use mostly LV because of that.

12-26-2018, 04:57 AM   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Jared Polin is a pretty small guy. 5'4"-5'5" maybe. I have ran into him once or twice at events like WPPI. I don't think his fro was as big back then.
If that’s the case, then it looks like the EM1 body might not have grown significantly, which Olympus probably needed to do, to maintain one of their competitive advantages.

---------- Post added 26th Dec 2018 at 10:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
O-MD EM5 II VF is not really good IMHO. It has lag, hurts my eye, but it is big. I use mostly LV because of that.
From my comparison, the EM5 II EVF is significantly better than the EM10’s.
12-26-2018, 06:30 AM   #111
Pentaxian

If that’s the case, then it looks like the EM1 body might not have grown significantly, which Olympus probably needed to do, to maintain one of their competitive advantages.

---------- Post added 26th Dec 2018 at 10:59 PM ----------

From my comparison, the EM5 II EVF is significantly better than the EM10’s.
Well then EM 10 I would not touch, by far.
12-26-2018, 01:04 PM   #112
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well then EM 10 I would not touch, by far.
My Mk3 version gets touched by me,the most of all my cameras.Its a brilliant little camera for what it does.

12-26-2018, 11:15 PM   #113
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
My Mk3 version gets touched by me,the most of all my cameras.Its a brilliant little camera for what it does.
Sure. It is most recent model of those too. So it should be better. Seems that last year EVF has got greatly better all in all. Older EVF are not good. All of this technology goes on with good speed...
12-27-2018, 02:46 AM   #114
Pentaxian

Original Poster
All of this technology goes on with good speed...
It also has a less complex operating system and the same processor as the em1mk2....this newest Oly body is hinted to be announced 20th January....processor supposed to be double the speed of the present one.
12-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #115
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Another PRO lens coming as well.

The 150-400mm F4 has been rumoured for a while,info is filtering through.

Lens has 5 axis stabilisation,a 1.25x teleconverter built in.

Also a separate 2x TC will be announced.

These wont be cheap.
01-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #116
Veteran Member

01-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #117
Pentaxian

Looks like Olympus has officially unveiled the camera. Lots of discussions going on everywhere. Everything from Olympus is going to fail to Olympus is king. All one has to do is head on over to DPR & Imaging-Resource for some comments. Hahaha!
01-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #118
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Looks like Olympus has officially unveiled the camera. Lots of discussions going on everywhere. Everything from Olympus is going to fail to Olympus is king. All one has to do is head on over to DPR & Imaging-Resource for some comments. Hahaha!
willnot go there..better thingsto do. sure is interesting thing this new thing from oly.
01-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
All one has to do is head on over to DPR
I went there... arggggghh

Like you said, lots of mixed and emotional comments already, largely from folks who have not had a chance to use the new camera.

I didn't stay to read many comments, but one of my favourites is: "There was no reason for your rant." "It wasn't a rant, it was a comparison."

Last edited by c.a.m; 01-24-2019 at 01:59 PM.
01-24-2019, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On the other hand, the Olympus weighs 13 grams less.
Attached Images