Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Haven’t completelly made up my mind yet.
Theres a Panasonic coming that could be worth waiting for,Not much has been leaked yet.It supposedly is a direct competitor to BM.

Also a Fuji is coming early 2019, it could be worthwhile.Its a detuned XT3,but i dont know to what degree???

12-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
look for update with great DR and better bitrate
It will be interesting to see what this brings
https://www.dailycameranews.com/2018/12/panasonic-g90-rumored-to-feature-20mp-sensor/
12-23-2018, 05:20 PM - 1 Like   #78
Veteran Member

great, another thread that's degraded completely into people defending the k1

wtf does the k1 have to do with a micro 4/3 camera
12-23-2018, 07:44 PM   #79
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wibbly Quote
wtf does the k1 have to do with a micro 4/3 camera
They both have a shutter and a sensor, theres not too much news about the OLY so better talk about the 2nd worse camera released this year!

12-23-2018, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #80
Veteran Member

It's annoying to see that any post about a camera other than Pentax simply degrades into some meaningless defense of the pentax that was never even criticized.

Pentax folks are the most defensive I've ever seen. It's so strange.
12-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #81
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Pentax folks are the most defensive I've ever seen. It's so strange.
Some of the closed minds can be classified as such,however the level of comment is minor.

It appears to me that for every 3 comments there are 97 non comments,certainly some threads will differ.Other forums Ive observed are close to that figure as well.
12-23-2018, 10:15 PM   #82
Veteran Member

I just find it so strange that the great defenders are spending their time defending on a board for Pentax enthusiasts. None of us need convincing

The em1x is a really interesting camera. It's a shame we can't talk about it because some website said something bad about a k1

12-23-2018, 10:49 PM   #83
Veteran Member

I just hope Olympus can keep pushing forward with technology and innovation. They pack a lot of great technology into their cameras. The IBIS is by far the best in the industry. I really wish they were joining Panasonic/Leica/Sigma with the new mount.
12-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #84
Veteran Member

What I've been most impressed with is their lenses. The pro line of Olympus lenses are staggeringly good.

Their ibis is incredible though. I'm tempted to buy one of their IS lenses just to see how far you can push it when it syncs with the ibis. People are hand holding multi second exposures with these.
12-23-2018, 11:02 PM   #85
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Theres a Panasonic coming that could be worth waiting for,Not much has been leaked yet.It supposedly is a direct competitor to BM.

Also a Fuji is coming early 2019, it could be worthwhile.Its a detuned XT3,but i dont know to what degree???
Yup! I think that it is good to wait till spring to see what will be going on.
12-23-2018, 11:35 PM   #86
Pentaxian

Original Poster
None of us need convincing
The 13th commandment,Thou shall NOT speak ill of Pentax!

---------- Post added 12-24-18 at 05:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I just hope Olympus can keep pushing forward with technology and innovation.
The pro line of Olympus lenses are staggeringly good.
Yes and Yes, this NEWby will bring some great features...mind you the prices that have been suGUESSted are higher than many will pay,start the countdown!
12-24-2018, 03:30 AM   #87
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
We are about to enter 2019 and K-1ii brings everything that Pentax had developed in 2016. So Ricoh-Imaging should bring something new next year.
I'm the same as Winder, Ron, the K-1 is such a great camera I shoot landscapes, sport, action, events, portraits with it and didn't see a need to upgrade it to the Mark II. I hope it has a five year product lifetime and more people can own it as its price is reduced.

The 645Z is just like that. A terrific product that's become more affordable.
12-24-2018, 03:34 AM   #88
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Two different people making ordinal lists will have items in a different order or even completely different items. Both DPR and IR are being superficial.
I actually agree with you. But there are people who take such Internet lists seriously.

And DPR certainly do. It's advertising. They sell the stuff they review, unlike IR.

It's called conflict of interest.
12-24-2018, 03:40 AM   #89
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I just find it so strange that the great defenders are spending their time defending on a board for Pentax enthusiasts. None of us need convincing
Wibbly, I think you're being tolerated on this board more than you would on say, the Pentaxians Facebook group. As someone who's sold out of the system, you'd no longer qualify to be a member, and it's actually against their rules to post about or promote another brand.
12-24-2018, 07:30 AM   #90
Veteran Member

Also a Fuji is coming early 2019, it could be worthwhile.Its a detuned XT3,but i dont know to what degree
I believe its a XH-2. The XH-1 is pretty much pointless given the feature set of the XT-3. Fuji need more separation between those two lines.

---------- Post added 12-24-18 at 08:35 AM ----------

mind you the prices that have been suGUESSted are higher than many will pay,start the countdown!
That depends on performance and image quality.