Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2018, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #91
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Wibbly, I think you're being tolerated on this board more than you would on say, the Pentaxians Facebook group. As someone who's sold out of the system, you'd no longer qualify to be a member, and it's actually against their rules to post about or promote another brand.
i'm making on-topic posts in a thread about this specific camera.

do i owe you something for "tolerating" my on-topicness?

i made a comment about everyone taking things severely OFF-topic, and doing it habitually.

the reason i'm still around is i have some stuff in the mail, and i cannot delete my account here until i know that the buyers are satisfied with their purchases.

12-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I believe its a XH-2.
Its rumoured to be XT-30.

The XH-1 is pretty much pointless given the feature set of the XT-3
Some own both,the XH-1 gets firmware upgrades that other models with the same sensor dont get.XH-1 is the IBIS model,that tech doesnt fit in the XT body.The XH-2 will come but after a few different models.

Fuji need more separation between those two lines.
XT is an unstabilised smaller body,XH is IBIS with Dslr sized body....The XH series was what Fuji enthusiasts asked for so Fuji supplied.They listen intently to the client base and thats one of the reasons their sales are expanding.Add to the fact the progress from the introductory Xtrans 1tech to the current offering(all in the space of 6 years)it stands to reason,they are innovating and price competitive.
12-24-2018, 06:19 PM   #93
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wibbly Quote
i made a comment about everyone taking things severely OFF-topic, and doing it habitually.
Well, IMHO you're being quite selective, you said nothing back at Post 60 which doesn't even mention Olympus.

Of course you didn't - it was an anti-Pentax post, by someone else who doesn't even shoot with the brand anymore - it's okay. It was only the defence that rankled you.

the reason i'm still around is i have some stuff in the mail, and i cannot delete my account here until i know that the buyers are satisfied with their purchases.
I think you'll agree that's for the best, Wibbly.

If I moved over to shooting entirely with Sony, just as Awscreo left the m43 you've gotten into to upgrade to Pentax,, I wouldn't hang around the corridors here like a miserable ghost.

There'd be nothing to contribute and only a matter of time before a badmouthing of the ex occurred.

Last edited by clackers; 12-24-2018 at 06:25 PM.
12-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #94
Veteran Member

I haven't made disparaging remarks about Pentax. I'm not sour about Pentax.

I just find it hilarious how sensitive so many are to any hint of negativity towards their beloved brand, whether it's justified or not.

It's even funnier that you think your opinion about whether or not I should be here is even worth sharing.

12-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #95
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I haven't made disparaging remarks about Pentax.
You've made plenty of disparaging remarks about your fellow forum members, Wibbly, just scroll up.

I do wonder if we've accepted brand bashers in this brand specific forum, that is a haven for us owners in an otherwise Pentax uncaring or hostile Internet, for too long?

In the Facebook group (13,000 members, high standard of photography), they won't put up with it, nor even pictures taken with other brands. From their rules:

"Pentaxians are typically a friendly bunch and we intend to keep that tradition alive and well here ... Any images taken with Pentax or Ricoh equipment (cameras, lenses) are acceptable as long as they conform to Facebook's community standards … Promotion of other brands over Pentax will not be tolerated. We do not care how great your A7rIII is. Its a wonderful camera surely, we get it. This doesn't mean we cannot discuss the merits of other systems, but you switched systems? Great? How about switching to another group then? Thanks. Otherwise feel free to lurk to your heart's content."
12-24-2018, 10:35 PM   #96
Veteran Member

Richard Marous Photography added a new... - Richard Marous Photography | Facebook

Fro-Knows Photo - Shooting with the new OMD-EM1X
12-25-2018, 12:04 AM   #97
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Olympus E-M1X hands-on Images « NEW CAMERA

Some specs with a Fro

---------- Post added 12-25-18 at 06:06 PM ----------

IMHO you're being quite selective,
I'll be selective,Merry Christmas Claka!

12-25-2018, 12:30 AM   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
It’s hard to tell from the photos, but it does look as if the body size has grown somewhat, compared with the previous models. If so, then the Olympus system loses some of its appeal for me, especially given the current discount on the KP.
12-25-2018, 12:56 AM   #99
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Olympus E-M1X hands-on Images « NEW CAMERA

Some specs with a Fro

---------- Post added 12-25-18 at 06:06 PM ----------

I'll be selective,Merry Christmas Claka!
Yes, hope you and yours are having a great time, Surfar. I'm recovering from family hosting!

Merry Christmas, everyone - including Wibbly, Winder and Ron.

12-25-2018, 03:25 AM   #100
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
It’s hard to tell from the photos, but it does look as if the body size has grown
You(along with yr Bro)could be seeing double?

Its actually going to the biggest M43 body so far.similar shape of the Canon 1dx series.Its not small and it wont be cheap,possibly the most expensive yet.

---------- Post added 12-25-18 at 09:28 PM ----------

the current discount on the KP.
The equivalent of U$ 599 on todays rates...definitely a bargain for whoever buys one.
12-25-2018, 06:03 AM   #101
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well you are not alone in this. The K-1ii got selected to be the 2nd worst camera of the year in dpreview. Only the Yasica won at being worse.......Well they collecte a cool million at kickstarter so I don't see them crying.

DPReview TV: Best and Worst of 2018 - YouTube
Well, IMHO you're being quite selective, you said nothing back at Post 60 which doesn't even mention Olympus.

Of course you didn't - it was an anti-Pentax post, by someone else who doesn't even shoot with the brand anymore - it's okay. It was only the defence that rankled you.
Im sorry, but where was the anti Pentax corner in my post when I quote Winder and link to a new fresh published video article from dpr that is about the mentioned K-1ii?

I think you are awefully rude towards me by framing me into a corner where you like me to be.
12-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #102
Veteran Member

It’s hard to tell from the photos, but it does look as if the body size has grown somewhat, compared with the previous models. If so, then the Olympus system loses some of its appeal for me, especially given the current discount on the KP.
Its one body that has grown larger by including the vertical grip. They make one larger body and you loose interest in the entire system? They are still going to make the smaller bodies as an option.

One of the limits of image quality is processing. Take DxO's Prime Noise reduction. Works really well and does a great job of keeping detail while reducing noise, but its very slow and takes a lot of processing power. Since Olympus is obviously keeping the smaller sensor, my guess is that they are working on adding more processing power and more battery power. The only reason for Olympus to move to a bigger body is to add processing power, battery power, and heat sinks. OMD-EM1X should have much faster AF, more FPS, and better IQ.
12-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #103
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its one body that has grown larger by including the vertical grip. They make one larger body and you loose interest in the entire system? They are still going to make the smaller bodies as an option.

One of the limits of image quality is processing. Take DxO's Prime Noise reduction. Works really well and does a great job of keeping detail while reducing noise, but its very slow and takes a lot of processing power. Since Olympus is obviously keeping the smaller sensor, my guess is that they are working on adding more processing power and more battery power. The only reason for Olympus to move to a bigger body is to add processing power, battery power, and heat sinks. OMD-EM1X should have much faster AF, more FPS, and better IQ.
Well they say 2x faster them self. That is fast. Main reason to stick with smaller sensor too, to get incredible performance. I would not mind bigger body. But that camera is not for me. Interesting to see what will follow.
12-25-2018, 10:31 AM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Well they say 2x faster them self. That is fast. Main reason to stick with smaller sensor too, to get incredible performance. I would not mind bigger body. But that camera is not for me. Interesting to see what will follow.
I don't see myself picking one up, but never say never. I really love Olympus cameras and lenses. My A9 is small enough and the lenses are very good, but I can't say I love the user experience of using Sony. Its a tool that does a great job.
12-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #105
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't see myself picking one up, but never say never. I really love Olympus cameras and lenses. My A9 is small enough and the lenses are very good, but I can't say I love the user experience of using Sony. Its a tool that does a great job.
Olympus has good things going on. And lenses are superb(exept that kit lens what I own). Also I did like that OM-D 1 mk 2. At then I could not invest that kind a money for that. I’m not s interested of sharpness or huge resolution as I’m of DR. I think that I’ll take a look of these things at shop. That will tell more than looking a picture or picture of chart at web.