Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,713
Panasonic DMC FZ1000

I just ordered one of these from B&H Photo. Should be here tomorrow with free overnight shipping. The sale price was just too good to pass up and I figure that it might be a fun camera to start learning about video. Not their latest model but seems good enough for its intended purpose. Hopefully an old dog like me (67) can still learn a few new tricks. Supports 4K too.


I have looked at a lot of reviews and seem to understand the pluses and minuses. it will not replace my DSLR's for regular photography. I am way to happy with my K1 and K1-II for that.


Hopefully it will not trigger too bad a case of VGAS (Video Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

12-19-2018, 02:14 AM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,292
You will have some fun,lots of excellent devices come along @ the right price.I'll look forward to your vlogs!
12-19-2018, 05:45 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,713
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
You will have some fun,lots of excellent devices come along @ the right price.I'll look forward to your vlogs!
I do not think that there will be any vlogs. I am not a member of Twitter, or Facebook or any other such thing. I do not use any online site other than this forum to post photos either. I just want to play around with video a bit and I had a moment of weakness after several months of being a very good boy spending wise. At almost 40% off, the price was just too good to pass up. I finally own some Leica glass!!!!!!
12-19-2018, 07:53 AM   #4
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 14,425
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I just ordered one of these from B&H Photo. Should be here tomorrow with free overnight shipping. The sale price was just too good to pass up and I figure that it might be a fun camera to start learning about video. Not their latest model but seems good enough for its intended purpose. Hopefully an old dog like me (67) can still learn a few new tricks. Supports 4K too.


I have looked at a lot of reviews and seem to understand the pluses and minuses. it will not replace my DSLR's for regular photography. I am way to happy with my K1 and K1-II for that.


Hopefully it will not trigger too bad a case of VGAS (Video Gear Acquisition Syndrome)
Congrats, that one should have potential for a lot of fun! The smaller FZ models I have seen are really quite good.

Video - hah, that should give you something to do for a while. Shooting techniques, cutting, grading, transitions, sound... Lots of good stuff to find on youtube. If you don't already have some editing software you could have a look at DaVinci Resolve. The free version looks very capable already.

Oh, and my phone is the only Leica glass I own

12-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,713
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Congrats, that one should have potential for a lot of fun! The smaller FZ models I have seen are really quite good.

Video - hah, that should give you something to do for a while. Shooting techniques, cutting, grading, transitions, sound... Lots of good stuff to find on youtube. If you don't already have some editing software you could have a look at DaVinci Resolve. The free version looks very capable already.

Oh, and my phone is the only Leica glass I own
I am a video neophyte. My total experience is press "record" to start and press it again to stop. No video editing software anywhere but I have it on good authority that I will be receiving a killer gaming quality laptop from Santa to speed up my post processing needs.
12-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 14,425
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I am a video neophyte. My total experience is press "record" to start and press it again to stop. No video editing software anywhere but I have it on good authority that I will be receiving a killer gaming quality laptop from Santa to speed up my post processing needs.
Hah, that Santa fella is quite a nice dude, isn't he!

Oh, and I'm a video novice as well. I first started looking into it after I got a Theta S a couple of weeks ago. I got it to shoot photos (and I do), but I discovered that it's great fun to shoot video with it. Well, except that it's only 1080p - and that's not a lot when you spread those 1080 lines on an entire sphere! So I'm already contemplating an upgrade

12-19-2018, 01:15 PM   #7
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,292
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
my post processing needs.
If you go to the Blackmagic site,there is a free download of a basic version of the latest DaVinci Resolve.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
video
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panasonic announces Lumix DMC-FZ1000 with 1" sensor and fast lens jogiba Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 21 07-05-2015 12:36 PM
K-3 vs. Panny FZ1000 irishnutter Pentax K-3 30 06-26-2015 12:57 PM
Panasonic Fz1000 pictures guillermovilas Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 5 10-13-2014 09:32 AM
Panasonic DMC-LX3 vs. DMC-GF1? emr Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 13 11-10-2009 08:02 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top