Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2019, 03:41 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
One more for the TZ70 (ZS50 in the US).

Bought one last August new (159 euros) and I keep on being very pleased with its photos.

12 Megapixels, as said above shoots raw, has all the possibilities as DSLR have – aperture, shutter, manual, etc… it even has a viewfinder (for me decision maker).

Can do ISO 80 to 6400 - above 1600 is almost useless and any other setting besides 80 as to have noise reduction -… but using Define from Nik Collection or the (several) possibilities of noise reduction in Darktable, and there aren’t much photos that cannot get it quite well recovered.

Last edited by ddharriman; 01-12-2019 at 04:18 PM.
01-12-2019, 10:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ddharriman Quote
One more for the TZ70 (ZS50 in the US).

Bought one last August new (159 euros) and I keep on being very pleased with its photos.

12 Megapixels, as said above shoots raw, has all the possibilities as DSLR have – aperture, shutter, manual, etc… it even has a viewfinder (for me decision maker).

Can do ISO 80 to 6400 - above 1600 is almost useless and any other setting besides 80 as to have noise reduction -… but using Define from Nik Collection or the (several) possibilities of noise reduction in Darktable, and there aren’t much photos that cannot get it quite well recovered.
This too was a product I considered when I got my HX99... The Sony was 150 bucks more but also shot 4K and had a little extra resolution. I really took a good look at my latest test batch, on my 5K iMac (unforgiving) and was really impressed what a 1/2.3 sensor in decent lighting can deliver. I can’t wait to use it on a trip to Boston in a couple days. It is all I am taking... As much as I wanted to take the KP and 20-40 it isn’t gonna happen.
01-18-2019, 03:19 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Yup I have a 5k Mac as well and its VERY unforgiving. Stuff that looks great on my laptop looks just dreadful on the Mac which shows up the least flaws an absolute treat .....noise especially.