Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2019, 02:15 AM   #31
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 274
Very deep detail review posted today in shuttberbug web by David Havlik
Very interesting

01-22-2019, 03:41 AM   #32
Pentaxian
Culture's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vaasa
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 792
Original Poster
Some of this new af tech should have been given to their current APS-C flagship the A6500. like they are doing for the A7III.
01-22-2019, 11:16 PM   #33
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,264
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
So what if it doesn't have Ibis? Almost all Sony E mount lenses have Optical Steady Shot.
All the cheap Sigma DC DN's (16/30/56mm) with fast aperture (f1.4's) does not have OSS. These lenses are making big waves for every Sony aps-c owners.
01-23-2019, 03:54 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 19,461
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
So what if it doesn't have Ibis? Almost all Sony E mount lenses have Optical Steady Shot.
I'm not that familiar with Sony lenses, but checking on Amazon this doesn't seem to be true and most primes actually do not have stabilization. But as I say, I'm not that familiar with the lens catalog, I just went based on if OSS is listed as a lens feature.

01-23-2019, 06:01 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,548
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I'm not that familiar with Sony lenses, but checking on Amazon this doesn't seem to be true and most primes actually do not have stabilization. But as I say, I'm not that familiar with the lens catalog, I just went based on if OSS is listed as a lens feature.
Four of the native aps-c lenses don't have OSS 16mm,19mm,35mm macro and zeiss 24mm 1.4. Like I said not enough of those lenses to justify raising the cost of this camera. It is meant as a middle/high end mirrorless aps-c .Sony likely has a camera about ready for those people soon. If this were named the A6600+ I would understand why the lack of ibis would be an issue but it is not.

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 01-23-2019 at 08:57 AM.
01-23-2019, 07:14 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,548
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
All the cheap Sigma DC DN's (16/30/56mm) with fast aperture (f1.4's) does not have OSS. These lenses are making big waves for every Sony aps-c owners.
Yes the Sigma lenses are cheap and light and dont have Steady shot and the a6400 is cheap and light and doesn't have steady shot. If you throw steady shot in either of those you lose the cheap(25%more$ in the camera) and light(12%more weightin the camera) side of the equation. I personally don't have those Sigms lenses and have not seen many sony aps-c owners with them so they can't be making waves with every aps-c owner .

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 01-23-2019 at 07:21 AM.
01-23-2019, 07:29 AM   #37
Pentaxian
altopiet's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Gem of the Karoo, South Africa
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,305
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Yes the Sigma lenses are cheap and light and dont have Steady shot and the a6400 is cheap and light and doesn't have steady shot.
I recently took my K1000 out for a spin.

Made me think how we did it in those days, and think whether the few extra stops IBIS gives in shutter speed, is really necessary for still images. I can see it might help for video and such, but I'm not into that....
01-23-2019, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 19,461
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
I recently took my K1000 out for a spin.

Made me think how we did it in those days, and think whether the few extra stops IBIS gives in shutter speed, is really necessary for still images. I can see it might help for video and such, but I'm not into that....
To me, IBIS is primarily a tool designed to let you hand hold longer exposures than you could easily without it. There are a number of situations, where that could be the case. Shooting with really long lenses, shooting waterfalls where you want to blur the water, or even generally shooting landscapes hand held where you want to use lower iso and just can't hand hold it without some help.

Obviously it isn't necessary for many photos, but I still like being able to drop my camera into Tv mode and set the shutter to 1/8 second exposure and get a hand held waterfall photo. Without SR, you end up needing to use a tripod for most of those shots.


Last edited by Rondec; 01-23-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, sony
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony a6000 or Sony a6300 or Sony a6500? LeDave Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 5 09-27-2018 03:45 AM
SMC Pentax-FA* 24mm f/2 AL versus Sony Distagon T* 24mm f/2 ZA SSM on Sony A7R II JaroslawBrzezinski Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 14 09-05-2017 03:32 PM
My interpretation of The Pringles Macro Flash on Sony A6000 Filmed with Sony QX-10 Sliver-Surfer Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 3 06-06-2017 08:23 PM
Sony FE 50 1.8 vs Sony 55 Sonnar 1.8 reivax Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 11 04-01-2017 07:54 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:23 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top