Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2019, 05:26 PM - 1 Like   #61
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Although no mention is made in the specifications, I suspect that the shutter (for want of a better word) is an advanced fully electronic affair, and could therefore be entirely silent. A real advantage for professional concert photographers, as well as those capturing skittish wildlife that might be startled by the clank-clank of a mechanical shutter in less-advanced models.

As for pixies, the only reference I'll make is, I'm expecting "pixie dust" from the lens. It'll have to be good to make use of all those megapickles...
We want a whole page on the "bokeh" once you get to the full-featured in-depth review Mike!

03-23-2019, 05:35 PM - 3 Likes   #62
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've just had a thought. (Dangerous when this happens!)

Mike, to compete with $$$ony Northop properly, you're going to need a sidekick for your Youtube channel. As I've only ever shot and starred in one video, my K-1II unboxing video, I won't offer my services. I'm sure you can find someone more shapely (although, round is a shape) not to mention more local.
03-23-2019, 05:45 PM   #63
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We want a whole page on the "bokeh" once you get to the full-featured in-depth review Mike!
Sure thing, Mark.

From what I can glean at this stage, the camera cleverly offers the same depth of field at all fields of view, and produces files that are compatible with the widest-possible range of post-processing software, to enable zone-specific bokeh through selective application of the software's tools. This is ground-breaking, IMHO, since it places full control of bokeh with the photographer, post capture (almost like light-field photography). We all know that the Pentax D*FA50/1.4 is a phenomenal lens, but it can only achieve this same depth-of-field-agnostic result when set at a specific focal distance and accompanying aperture, yet this new camera achieves this by default. And then, of course, not all software can process Pentax raw files...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 03-23-2019 at 06:05 PM.
03-23-2019, 05:48 PM - 2 Likes   #64
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I've just had a thought. (Dangerous when this happens!)

Mike, to compete with $$$ony Northop properly, you're going to need a sidekick for your Youtube channel. As I've only ever shot and starred in one video, my K-1II unboxing video, I won't offer my services. I'm sure you can find someone more shapely (although, round is a shape) not to mention more local.
I have a large, round and shapely uncooked chicken in the fridge. It's entirely inanimate, yet - given my current relationship status - ever more attractive, to me at least. Would that work?

EDIT: I have the name for my channel... "Mikesy and Chicksy"...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 03-23-2019 at 06:01 PM.
03-23-2019, 05:55 PM - 2 Likes   #65
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Based on your preliminary assessment of the advertised camera, plus your hints and observations, I am anticipating that your published review is almost certain to include phrases such as Paradigm Shift, Game Changer, Floor Sweeper, and Image Monster.
You forgot "disruptive".

Steve
03-23-2019, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #66
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a large, round and shapely uncooked chicken in the fridge. It's entirely inanimate, yet - given my current relationship status - ever more attractive, to me at least. Would that work?
Possibly only the thigh.
03-23-2019, 06:01 PM - 1 Like   #67
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Purchase Link

Steve

03-23-2019, 06:03 PM   #68
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
You raise an interesting point, Kevin. With its 16x digital zoom, this camera could negate the need for wedding togs to carry two bodies fitted with a 24-70 and 70-200 respectively. There's no doubt it's a disruptive product in many ways, perhaps some we don't even realise yet...
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You forgot "disruptive".
Already in hand...
03-23-2019, 07:03 PM - 3 Likes   #69
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
With the understandable flurry of excitement...
Funny, I read that as "excrement..."
03-23-2019, 08:17 PM - 2 Likes   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice visual, thanks for that SpecialK.
03-23-2019, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #71
Veteran Member

As a personal voyage of exploration and a small service to my fellow discerning members, I've placed my order for the camera today (22nd March), and it's due to arrive in approximately seven days.
"THE camera"? It sounds like you've only ordered one? Did you not see it was Buy 1, get 1 at 20% off? You passed up a BOGOA20O deal? You must be some kind of madman to pass up those savings on a backup body!
03-24-2019, 12:27 AM - 1 Like   #72
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Seems legit lol
03-24-2019, 12:42 AM - 1 Like   #73
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm particularly excited about this feature:

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam:
Image stabilization function support
Or is that a fancy way of saying it has a thread for a tripod?
03-24-2019, 01:25 AM - 1 Like   #74
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I won't lie, I'm excited.
I wonder if they will send you two so you will still have one to use if you have to send the first one back for recalibration. That would be professional level support.
03-24-2019, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #75
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

EDIT: I have the name for my channel... "Mikesy and Chicksy"...
That sounds like classic BIF photography (Birds-in-Fridge) and a great test of the new camera's tracking AF.