Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 289 Likes Search this Thread
03-25-2019, 01:32 PM - 5 Likes   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's a shame this camera promises to deliver. There just aren't enough reboxing videos.

03-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Found a similar listing to this one that says takes 4 AA batteries. Perhaps with 12mp this is actually a K-x competitor?
03-28-2019, 06:01 AM - 6 Likes   #93
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Oh, happy days... This morning, the postman delivered my new camera!! I've resisted the temptation to open the box, as I want to document the complete "premium" experience for my forthcoming review.

For now, here's a photo of the box So many specifications, so many features. Just look at them all
Attached Images

03-28-2019, 06:12 AM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Oh, happy days... This morning, the postman delivered my new camera!! I've resisted the temptation to open the box, as I want to document the complete "premium" experience for my forthcoming review.

For now, here's a photo of the box So many specifications, so many features. Just look at them all
Unboxing video on YouTube?

03-28-2019, 06:14 AM - 1 Like   #95
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Unboxing video on YouTube?
Perhaps. I'm not much of a video guy... I'll definitely consider it, though. I will, however, provide detailed unboxing photos for the review
03-28-2019, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #96
Pentaxian

I look forward to this with...what does baited breath mean? My lungs are not a fish hook!
03-28-2019, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #97
Pentaxian

Looks tasty! Can't wait.

03-28-2019, 06:34 PM - 5 Likes   #98
Pentaxian

Perhaps. I'm not much of a video guy... I'll definitely consider it, though. I will, however, provide detailed unboxing photos for the review
But now you have a professional HiD Videocam that doubles as an SLR camera!

If only you'd bought a second one at a discount. You could use one of these cameras to video the unboxing of the other camera.

Perhaps you can take this camera out, start it recording, put it back in the box and get video of you removing the running camera from its own box -- an unboxing selfie!
03-28-2019, 07:43 PM - 1 Like   #99
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow! This looks to deliver! Full HD!
I wonder if it's 4K video? You know that many DSLR owners can spend many hours pontificating about 4K video!

You'll have to do an unboxing video Mike! You know, I got 154 views of that K-1II unboxing video I did. I think you could eclipse that easily! Hell, you may even get more views than $$$ony Northorp.
03-28-2019, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, this is truly an exciting time to be a photographer and videographer!

But @BigMackCam, I'm afraid to suggest that you may have received a prototype. Look at the black panel on the box -- the manufacturer clearly left blank space for at least five more features that would probably be included in the final release version. I could be wrong, though.
03-28-2019, 09:32 PM - 1 Like   #101
Forum Member

All jokes aside, if the sensor and encoding is halfway decent a 720p camera with those features isn't really that bad for $23.
03-29-2019, 01:03 PM - 2 Likes   #102
Pentaxian

How can you have not opened the box already? Such superhuman powers of self-control are beyond my comprehension. I get a new toy delivered, I'll reduce that box to shreds so fast you'd think Edward Scissorhands had paid a visit.

Now here's the biggest question on my mind: does it look like it has the potential to hacksaw off the end of the lens barrel and convert it to a K Mount?
03-29-2019, 01:15 PM - 3 Likes   #103
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
How can you have not opened the box already? Such superhuman powers of self-control are beyond my comprehension. I get a new toy delivered, I'll reduce that box to shreds so fast you'd think Edward Scissorhands had paid a visit.

Now here's the biggest question on my mind: does it look like it has the potential to hacksaw off the end of the lens barrel and convert it to a K Mount?
I opened it today, taking unboxing photos, and then tried it out. I don't want to give too much away in this thread... I'm saving it for the review. I'll admit, it has a few early firmware glitches. But the image quality is quite unlike anything I've previously witnessed...
03-29-2019, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #104
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

But the image quality is quite unlike anything I've previously witnessed...
I am on pins and needles!

Steve
03-29-2019, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll admit, it has a few early firmware glitches. But the image quality is quite unlike anything I've previously witnessed...
Oh dear, the suspense is killing me!