Steve

04-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #122
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
We are waiting...

Steve
I'm acutely aware of - and apologetic for - the delay, Steve. I've had a few other things on my plate, but I did take an impressive range of test shots at my local park today, and I'm a good way through the written review
04-01-2019, 04:58 PM - 1 Like   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm acutely aware of - and apologetic for - the delay, Steve. I've had a few other things on my plate, but I did take an impressive range of test shots at my local park today, and I'm a good way through the written review
No worries! Only amateurs and DPR reviewers rush to judgement.

A Professional Camera calls for a Professional review and we know that takes time.

(But we are all on the edges of our seats to see the edge performance of this precision instrument.)
04-02-2019, 03:56 AM - 2 Likes   #124
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm a good way through the written review
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Only amateurs and DPR reviewers rush to judgement.
This MUST be a new Pentax camera. This is what they always do. It's like pulling teeth. C'mon - all the early adopters are waiting!

04-02-2019, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #125
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All this waiting makes me think of the dxomark review of the 645Z which they kept hidden for months to not upstage the $$$ony A7RIII.

Could the performance of this camera be causing this reviewer the same angst?
04-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #126
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
All this waiting makes me think of the dxomark review of the 645Z which they kept hidden for months to not upstage the $$$ony A7RIII.

Could the performance of this camera be causing this reviewer the same angst?
I'm still working on it. Now. As I write this.

I've surprised myself with how comprehensive the review needs to be, considering the feature set...

My only angst is in wanting to do the camera justice, and giving you folks all the facts so you feel confident in budgeting for that forthcoming $26 spend
04-02-2019, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well that's another nights sleep lost, such is our anticipation. Still, no pressure!

Your efforts will be well rewarded, as a first full review in the annals of internet history for this monster slayer! bring it on

04-02-2019, 01:54 PM - 2 Likes   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
Your efforts will be well rewarded, as a first full review in the annals of internet history for this monster slayer! bring it on
I think I seriously underestimated the effort that would be involved in the OP's generous undertaking. Heck, I figured it would be nothing like the engineering design documents I used to review prior to sign-off. It now seems that this camera deserves much more consideration than simply dashing off a few sentences, adding some random punctuation marks, and checking for spelling.

- Craig
04-02-2019, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #129
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've surprised myself with how comprehensive the review needs to be, considering the feature set...

My only angst is in wanting to do the camera justice, and giving you folks all the facts so you feel confident in budgeting for that forthcoming $26 spend
No pressure Mike! We wait in anticipation!

04-03-2019, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Since you started this thread I have had trouble sleeping at night waiting for the results. Or maybe it's the bout of sciatica I am suffering from. In any event, the result is the same.

Really looking forward to your test.
04-03-2019, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #131
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The thread,
Your latest acquisition, is going to be filled with this camera after. Unless it is too "professional " for most of us to use. 😁
04-03-2019, 11:29 AM - 2 Likes   #132
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Unless it is too "professional " for most of us to use. ��
I fear that may well be the case.

"Professional" might be in the prescriptive sense meaning that we are required to use the camera to make money or pay some sort of fine. For me, that would be quite sad since I have never actually sold a photo.

Steve
04-03-2019, 01:07 PM - 2 Likes   #133
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
"Professional" might be in the prescriptive sense meaning that we are required to use the camera to make money or pay some sort of fine. For me, that would be quite sad since I have never actually sold a photo.
But doesn't this camera's "Professional" moniker almost certainly guarantee you could make money with it? Maybe on your very first outing with it? After all, it's not the photographer, it's the gear.
04-03-2019, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #134
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
But doesn't this camera's "Professional" moniker almost certainly guarantee you could make money with it? Maybe on your very first outing with it? After all, it's not the photographer, it's the gear.
Thanks for the encouragement and for the comfort it brings.

Steve
04-03-2019, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #135
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Oh I bought a lens for $18 and felt like it was too little. This makes me feel better. Love the label "camera" on the lens cover.