Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 289 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2019, 06:34 AM - 5 Likes   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
a great test of the new camera's tracking AF.
I agree. I think that the bird is a potential subject for AF testing. However, if the OP is interested in comparing AF results to other cameras, for example those conducted by a well-known web site, then it will be crucial to have a similar test set-up and procedure.

Zip-tie the bird to a bicycle seat and have someone operate the camera while @BigMackCam rolls the bike in a zig-zag pattern along a public sidewalk or walkway. The more pedestrians, the better.

03-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm considering a YouTube channel, Mark. Also, potentially, a forum... Though I wouldn't want to pull activity away from PF, of course. But I'm quietly confident there's going to be a lot of interest in this camera... just look at the number of posts in this thread so far...
Maybe people here are getting bored waiting for the next Pentax camera.
03-24-2019, 12:16 PM - 1 Like   #78
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Maybe people here are getting bored waiting for the next Pentax camera.
Well, I'll say it again... there's no brand name in the space at the front of the prism / flash housing, and the red lens ring is awfully similar to that found on HD DA glass. Maybe it's a prototype...
03-24-2019, 03:40 PM - 2 Likes   #79
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Maybe it's a prototype...
Obvious, I would say. Features to be added in future firmware updates, of course.

Steve

03-24-2019, 04:01 PM - 3 Likes   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well, I'll say it again... there's no brand name in the space at the front of the prism / flash housing, and the red lens ring is awfully similar to that found on HD DA glass. Maybe it's a prototype...
..for a new brand such as Reek-OH!, O'Limp-Pustule, Ca-none, or Fauxny.

P.S. For the typical outrageous £2,000 price of a competitor's DSLR, you can buy 100 of these cameras, rig them into a 10x10 Brenizer array and shoot 1.6 Gigglepickle images!
03-24-2019, 04:10 PM - 3 Likes   #81
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
..for a new brand such as Reek-OH!, O'Limp-Pustule, Ca-none, or Fauxny.
Oh ye of little faith... This time next week I'll be shooting a pro DSLR at pocket money pricing. Then we'll see who's laughing...

P.S. For the typical outrageous £2,000 price of a competitor's DSLR, you can buy 100 of these cameras, rig them into a 10x10 Brenizer array and shoot 1.6 Gigglepickle images!
You've redeemed yourself with this excellent observation. The medium format folks are going to be green with envy, I suspect...
03-24-2019, 04:46 PM - 1 Like   #82
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Already in hand...
Remember that, there's a fine distinction between using a chicken and using a feather.

03-24-2019, 04:48 PM - 2 Likes   #83
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
I agree. I think that the bird is a potential subject for AF testing. However, if the OP is interested in comparing AF results to other cameras, for example those conducted by a well-known web site, then it will be crucial to have a similar test set-up and procedure.

Zip-tie the bird to a bicycle seat and have someone operate the camera while @BigMackCam rolls the bike in a zig-zag pattern along a public sidewalk or walkway. The more pedestrians, the better.
Mike, time to get into your lycra!
03-24-2019, 04:56 PM - 2 Likes   #84
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Remember that, there's a fine distinction between using a chicken and using a feather.
I don't think the chicken will mind one way or the other. Its days of worrying are long gone...

Trust me, that's a sight you'd never forget. I'd have to mark the review NSFW...
03-24-2019, 07:23 PM   #85
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It looks just like this 12mp camera that says 16mp on the side. This one says both 4x and 16x digital zoom in the last pictures. More intrigue. Perhaps the zoom works at 4x and 16x.
Professional DSLR Camera 2.4 inch Full HD 16X Zoom 1080 p Digital Video hs1 | eBay

Edit it also maxes at both 12mp and 24mp.
03-24-2019, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #86
Veteran Member

Who said this is not a camera for birder. Well for sure this camera is make for bird that can carry this camera around their neck. This camera is so advabced that you can control it with a simple Smart phone. No need for expensive drone and at least if it crash, it's lightweight and will land safely on the ground. But we dont know if this camera is weather resistant when the goose that fly with it land on the water. You should make a test .

Please dont do the Bicycle boring test that DPR do, just attach the camera to the bicycle, way more fun and put a dynamo on your wheel to recharge the battery if it's included.

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2019 at 23:46 ----------

I dont know why Pentax cannot put good video in their camera when you can buy this great Video camera with 1080Pwith ati shake , for $14
2" Full HD 1080P Digital Zoom Video Camera DV Camcorder 16MP 4X 32GB SD/MMC HS1 | eBay
03-25-2019, 07:54 AM - 3 Likes   #87
Pentaxian

I can see the tabloid headlines now:

MAMIL does BIF with £20 DSLR! Top photographers shocked!
03-25-2019, 12:23 PM - 2 Likes   #88
Pentaxian

This thread is taking on the same tone as the "why I won't buy a K3" thread. Come on guys, let's not mock a new high end professional camera just because it's not a Pentax
03-25-2019, 12:40 PM - 2 Likes   #89
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshot2 Quote
This thread is taking on the same tone as the "why I won't buy a K3" thread. Come on guys, let's not mock a new high end professional camera just because it's not a Pentax
Quite right... A little joviality and light-hearted banter is all well and good, but we shouldn't cheapen the dawn of a new era in photography.

I've received notification that my camera has shipped, so I'm expecting it in a few days
03-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
ARRGH my eyes!..for the love of god change the text to another colour that doesn't burn retinas.

I too will be curious to see what he gets. I'm holding bets something will fail spectacularly in the first week of ownership, providing it actually works upon arrival at all.

The specifications don't mention the Battery being in the Box.
Oh yee of little Faith!