Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2019, 05:27 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The D850 in cropped mode is a D500.
I am puzzling over this one, particularly after reviewing review performance for both cameras. I know the basis for the assertion, but respectfully disagree. I would not buy a D850 with the expectation of it doubling as a D500.

Steve

07-04-2019, 07:54 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am puzzling over this one, particularly after reviewing review performance for both cameras. I know the basis for the assertion, but respectfully disagree. I would not buy a D850 with the expectation of it doubling as a D500.
Look at the many many postings here of people bemoaning nothing on the K-3ii shelves, saying that the K-1 in "FF" mode has insufficient fps and the K-1 in "crop" mode has insufficient mp. As soon as the D850 was announced, Nikon users were saying that was the only camera they would need - either that they could sell a D500 or else that they wouldn't need to buy one. They D850 in "crop" mode has same mp as the D500 and it has the same AF system.
07-04-2019, 09:38 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Look at the many many postings here of people bemoaning nothing on the K-3ii shelves, saying that the K-1 in "FF" mode has insufficient fps and the K-1 in "crop" mode has insufficient mp. As soon as the D850 was announced, Nikon users were saying that was the only camera they would need - either that they could sell a D500 or else that they wouldn't need to buy one. They D850 in "crop" mode has same mp as the D500 and it has the same AF system.
This fellow has a balanced perspective that reflects my thinking.

Steve
07-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Interesting. I didn't think it would be this quick. The shift to mirrorless has begun. It's not going to be like DSLR cameras will become obsolete overnight, but from the looks of it, it seems like mirrorless will eventually take hold of most of the camera market. Reminds me of the early "film to digital" days. You really don't see that many film cameras for sale anymore. I think we're all going to see where the majority of the camera market is heading by CP+ 2020. I'm still waiting for that K-3II replacement.

07-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Mirrorless will take over eventually but some people will always prefer an OVF.

Nikon should have moved quicker to get a headstart on Canon. They moved too slow. At least they moved at the same time.

If I was going full frame mirrorless I would prefer Nikon over Canon though for the built in image stabilisation and Sony sensor.