Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 64 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2021, 06:17 AM   #121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Beautiful shots. Really there is apparent difference with colour and everything else too in these photos compared to Fuji. Seems like you made a great choose!
Yes I had always heard that Sigma handled their color science differently and I really like it. To be fair I know that LR handles the Fujifilm files quite poorly when compared to Capture Pro One but I was just never comfortable using Capture Pro. In comparison the DNG files from the Sigma load quicker and edit easier as well as having greater dynamic range. It would be great if Sigma decides to release additional camera bodies that are designed more around photography rather than video (built in EVF, improved AF, and better ergonomics).

02-15-2021, 06:22 AM   #122
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Yes I had always heard that Sigma handled their color science differently and I really like it. To be fair I know that LR handles the Fujifilm files quite poorly when compared to Capture Pro One but I was just never comfortable using Capture Pro. In comparison the DNG files from the Sigma load quicker and edit easier as well as having greater dynamic range. It would be great if Sigma decides to release additional camera bodies that are designed more around photography rather than video (built in EVF, improved AF, and better ergonomics).
There was a rumour about next Sigma having mechanical shutter. That would propably be the key for that. I have a friend who love his Sigma FP. I’m going to have an eye on this camera(coming up one/or this fp ) to update one of my video camera with, maybe. I’ll wait for a while, as I’m not in hurry.
02-15-2021, 06:59 AM   #123
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
It's a Pentax K-01 concept (no EVF, CDAF) with a L mount and full frame 24Mp. Pentax K-01 was a flop at the time , because no one had been brainwashed with the mirrorless thing. The K-01 was too early. In 2019 anything that's got a mirrorless sticker on it will be promoted. People brains of 2019 associate "mirrorless" = "good", the electrical path in the brain has been wired, it wasn't so at the time of the K-01.
None of the MILCs of the time did well in the Western world, not the Sony NXT, not the Canon EOS-M, not the Pentax “Q”s. Not because of “brainwashing”, but because all of them did lack the EVF. Only when the EVF became standard did they do well.
02-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #124
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
None of the MILCs of the time did well in the Western world, not the Sony NXT, not the Canon EOS-M, not the Pentax “Q”s. Not because of “brainwashing”, but because all of them did lack the EVF. Only when the EVF became standard did they do well.
Canon M100 did very well, as well as Fuji models without EVF, just because they have a much stonger commercial presence. I've seen a lot of Canon M100 in tourist hands, not a single K-01. Even the worse Canon product sells more than the best Pentax product, it's not product related, it's marketing & sales related. Pentax decided to cut down on their retail costs, which obviously saved them a lot of money in the short term , but had dramatic consequences on their market share in the long term.

02-15-2021, 09:40 AM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Canon M100 did very well, as well as Fuji models without EVF, just because they have a much stonger commercial presence. I've seen a lot of Canon M100 in tourist hands, not a single K-01. Even the worse Canon product sells more than the best Pentax product, it's not product related, it's marketing & sales related. Pentax decided to cut down on their retail costs, which obviously saved them a lot of money in the short term , but had dramatic consequences on their market share in the long term.
I still remember back in 2013 {I think} when I was still a Canon user.
Anyway, Canon widely advertised a big announcement - which turned out to be just another sales spiel.
The Nikon users were laughing because they knew we were all hoping for an EVF-equipped MILC.
Perhaps Canon marketing is good - but specs matter also.
Even Canon had troubles setting the EOS-M line until they provided an EVF.

Last edited by reh321; 02-15-2021 at 11:12 AM. Reason: wrong tense
02-15-2021, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #126
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It would be great if Sigma decides to release additional camera bodies
Its been registered in Korea,details are limited but 60mp sensor.No name yet.Maybe an announcement with the shindig next week or so.
02-15-2021, 10:00 PM   #127
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Its been registered in Korea,details are limited but 60mp sensor.No name yet.Maybe an announcement with the shindig next week or so.
That would be interesting for sure. Was thinking about picking up a used Lumix S1 but I may just wait and see.

02-16-2021, 11:31 AM - 2 Likes   #128
Pentaxian

Last edited by LeRolls; 02-16-2021 at 08:27 PM.
02-19-2021, 02:29 PM   #129
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
This has details on that Foveon sensor, as well as an update on its development after the project had previously been abandoned.
An update on the development of the Sigma Foveon sensor with X3 1:1:1 technology - Photo Rumors
02-19-2021, 02:54 PM   #130
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
This has details on that Foveon sensor, as well as an update on its development after the project had previously been abandoned.
Highly likely you have revealed something interesting with that link,GOOD researching.
02-20-2021, 07:50 AM   #131
Veteran Member

It's disappointing that the Foveon FF sensor is still so far from production. I think its a technology with a significant amount of potential. Hopefully they can improve the color shift issues as ISO increases and improve the red/magenta color channel performance.

I would expect Sigma to go ahead and release a FF L-mount body with a standard sensor just to get a unit in the hands of users and get feedback on what they need to improve. That way when they are ready to produce a FF L-mount Foveon based camera they will be releasing a refined product.
02-20-2021, 09:41 PM - 2 Likes   #132
Pentaxian

02-21-2021, 06:45 PM - 1 Like   #133
bvg
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sigma 100-400mm

Jacaranda
by Vladimir, on Flickr
02-24-2021, 01:09 PM - 1 Like   #134
Pentaxian

No announcement for the Sigma FP L unfortunately...

02-27-2021, 03:48 PM - 1 Like   #135
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sigma FP
A contemporary addition.light weight 2.8 zoom.

English subtitles require very good word association skills!