Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2019, 04:46 PM   #46
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
As the owner of both a K-3 and the A7II - The A7II is an upgrade in image quality. Maybe not in resolution, but the colors, transitions and tones are definitely better. They both have some issues in terms of colors, but the A7II is definitely an upgrade. The new Fuji XT-3 is probably better than the A7II overall, but even the XT-3 has some issues with reds and shifting towards magenta.
No, I was offered either an A9 or an A7R III to shoot with the other morning, Winder, and I chose the A7R III, with the 70-200 f2.8 G. I already have a K-1, and it would've been going backwards to shoot on 24Mp.

I already have that on my A7 anyway.

08-31-2019, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Assuming one could build his first FF system from the ground and both can be had for the same price (1K-ish USD)

Which road should you pick?

For non pro work (landscape, family, etc.)

Thank you in advance
The mirror in the Sony sucks. All other features are nice.
K1 has nice viewfinder. All other features are more than ok.
10-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #48
Veteran Member

I actually have both, the K1 and the Sony A7RII that i recently picked up.
Its still not apples to apples as the only lens i have for the sony is the Rokinon 135 f2. Where as the Pentax i have pretty much everything from 14 mm to 300mm of full primes and zooms.

So far, based on the limited use on the sony, i do feel that the Pentax has a better dynamic range.
I also am not that big a fan of the EVF. Though it is useful to show what the final image would look like (unless you are adding flash), the image looks artificial as you are seeing a screen.

still need to get used to it. Will be picking up an 85mm 1.4 (maybe rokinon) for the sony to see how i like the image from there comparing to my sigma 85 1.4 on my pentax.