Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
Does this guy shoot professional or he only does what an influencer usualy do, influence beginners? I'm asking because I don't think that there is a pro photographer out there taking into consideration this guy's videos, especially if we talk about a Nikon D6.
He does shoot professionally. I think he is best know for his concert and music photography and traveling with Perry Ferrell (Jane's Addition) back in the 1990's. He shoots sports (professional soccer and hokey) and maybe some others. Jared Polin
He has been a long time Nikon user.

09-04-2019, 02:43 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Oh wow! that video was a waste of 7 minutes, actually 6 because did not want to look it untill the end... should I care, no
I hadn't previously watched him enough to realise that he's ignorant as well as annoying
09-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
He does shoot professionally. I think he is best know for his concert and music photography and traveling with Perry Ferrell (Jane's Addition) back in the 1990's. He shoots sports (professional soccer and hokey) and maybe some others. Jared Polin
He has been a long time Nikon user.
I assume that now he is using and promoting Sony. Sorry, but I don't follow him or Northrup videos and I don't know if these guys also go out and shoot for a living or they just create content for their Youtube channels, blogs, vlogs, etc.
09-04-2019, 03:00 PM   #19
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I assume that now he is using and promoting Sony. Sorry, but I don't follow him or Northrup videos and I don't know if these guys also go out and shoot for a living or they just create content for their Youtube channels, blogs, vlogs, etc.
well that is a real fulltime job these days.

09-04-2019, 03:12 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Yes, that's why I asked if he also shoots professionally for a living or he shoots only for "reviews". These days it seems that from the popular reviewers only the guys from Imaging resources spend more than a month with cameras before writing a review. The others spend just a few days shooting with new cameras because they have "hungry" followers that don't know what to buy unless they watch this guy videos or Northrup videos.
09-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #21
Veteran Member

He still owns mostly Nikon as far as I know. I think he owns a couple of different cameras including a Sony A9. I met him once backstage at a Lollapalooza tour many, many, foggy years ago when concert photography was actually a viable way to make a dollar and magazines were still being printed.

Northrop is also a photographer, but he has branched out into publishing and Youtube obviously. One of the best selling photography books on Amazon is by him. How to Create Stunning Digital Photography: Tony Northrup, Chelsea Northrup: 9780988263406: amazon.com: Books?tag=pentaxforums-20& I don't know how much wedding and portrait work he still does, but I know he still does some. He's actually a pretty down to earth guy and he's been pretty successful, but he's had to diversify. He definitely works his rear off. Creating enough content to hit 1 million subscribers and writing at least 4 books while running a photography business takes a whole lot of time, energy, creativity & dedication. Tony isn't sitting on his butt.

09-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Fro sold his D850 and uses a Z7 these days...he thinks dSLRs are dead(almost)...like phone users think cameras are,not alive!

09-04-2019, 09:53 PM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

He just gets more and more obnoxious with time.
09-04-2019, 10:25 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Yes, absolutely, the amount of hard core advertising has never been so high in camera history. You could almost imagine cameras screaming begging to sales. With mirrorless being the biggest scam in history of cameras.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 09-04-2019 at 11:08 PM.
09-05-2019, 03:08 AM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Yes, absolutely, the amount of hard core advertising has never been so high in camera history. You could almost imagine cameras screaming begging to sales. With mirrorless being the biggest scam in history of cameras.
Yes, so it must be upsetting for camera companies to see in the most recent CIPA figures that despite all the new products and propaganda DSLR sales were maintained and mirrorless ones fell.

So much money has been invested in the new E, Z, L and R mounts, it wasn't supposed to happen.

Last edited by clackers; 09-05-2019 at 03:15 AM.
09-05-2019, 04:05 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does this guy shoot professional or he only does what an influencer usualy do, influence beginners? I'm asking because I don't think that there is a pro photographer out there taking into consideration this guy's videos, especially if we talk about a Nikon D6.
To me if one is acting like that, they are not professionals. No matter what is their profession. But it might work well for loud voice he want to keep up. It is simply bringin up hate, bullying and attitude, and I don’t find it appropriate. But hey, that sells/get him subscriptions, right?