Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
09-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nikon D6 announcing Sept 5th.

Or could come on the 4th(depending where you are.Get ready for the Tokyo olympics(got your 8K screens yet?)

Dual CF fast cards providing endless buffer till the cards fill,rumoured to be above 30mp.

---------- Post added 09-02-19 at 08:22 AM ----------

Teamed with the sandisk Read 1700mbs/Write 1400mbs...it could be fast!

Last edited by surfar; 09-01-2019 at 02:18 PM.
09-01-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Link...

Nikon to Announce D6 Next Week, Will Feature IBIS and Improved AF: Report

Steve
09-03-2019, 10:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Very interesting camera, especially if it does come with IBIS. I'm definitely not their target audience for that camera, though. Too much money. Hahaha!

Makes me wonder if Nikon will add IBIS to any of the very few upcoming DSLR cameras. I remember seeing a rumor about future Nikon DSLRs possibly having IBIS. Hmmm.....
09-03-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Probably the last pro-grade DSLR that Nikon will make. Mechanical shutters and mirrors can't compete with mirrorless when it comes to speed. At 20fps the mirror blackout would make it impossible to track a moving subject.

09-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Probably the last pro-grade DSLR that Nikon will make. Mechanical shutters and mirrors can't compete with mirrorless when it comes to speed. At 20fps the mirror blackout would make it impossible to track a moving subject.
My guess is that no one will need that anyway in another generation. Folks will use 8K video of action and just cut out the frame that they think works best. Still photography for sports is quickly dying, except for low end stuff like high school games.
09-03-2019, 10:01 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
At 20fps the mirror blackout would make it impossible to track a moving subject.
Viewfinder blackout exists no more DSLR vs mirrorless models. blackout is visible at low frame rates but less visible at high frame rates. At frames rates close to video , such as 20FPS, the eye barely sees a flickr, with light level drop 1 stop due to time sharing between mirror-up and mirror-down positions. Comparison of A6300 vs 7D here ,
, the Sony EVF "blackout" is even worse than the 7D's.
09-03-2019, 11:01 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
My guess is that no one will need that anyway in another generation. Folks will use 8K video of action and just cut out the frame that they think works best. Still photography for sports is quickly dying, except for low end stuff like high school games.
Nuh, the shutter speed for video should be twice the frames per second, that's a cinematographer's convention, so it's between 1/50s and 1/120s at most, much too slow for sports and action. I often shoot at 1/1000s to freeze the movement.

You don't notice it when video is being played because the eye blends the movement into the next frame, but in a single picture it's too blurred for professional use.

Sports in particular needs high end stills equipment. You should see the gear Canon has to bring along to the Olympic Games or the soccer World Cup as spares for its Professional Services!

09-03-2019, 11:21 PM   #8
Pentaxian

So Nikon is Dooooomed! Why shall they bring camera with mirror in high end 'race'?! Why don't they listen of how much better mirrorless is, like haven't they properly tried that? Is there still some one buying these things?! -This was ofcourse sarcasm-

I suppose that there is also coming high end mirrorless camera too. Perhaps Nikon does think that while they already have long tradition with D4&5 and now 6 why to kill it if it is still working, maybe even better than what they could get from Z series, when it come down to getting best tool for photography.

It is interesting to follow how things are going to go.
09-03-2019, 11:57 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Good hedge betting by Nikon.

As Beholder reports from the CIPA figures, last quarter, mirrorless sales slumped despite the biggest advertising and marketing spiels and the biggest number of products released we've ever seen, while DSLR sales were stable.

There will be executives at camera companies scratching their heads. They would have promised results to the shareholders.
09-04-2019, 12:43 AM   #10
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Get ready for the Tokyo olympics
The thing is that Canon has 80 % of the photographers at the Olympics and Nikon is sitting in a small corner.

https://images.app.goo.gl/RAJ7GdfEutYJ9RBu6
09-04-2019, 07:53 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Nuh, the shutter speed for video should be twice the frames per second, that's a cinematographer's convention, so it's between 1/50s and 1/120s at most, much too slow for sports and action. I often shoot at 1/1000s to freeze the movement.

You don't notice it when video is being played because the eye blends the movement into the next frame, but in a single picture it's too blurred for professional use.

Sports in particular needs high end stills equipment. You should see the gear Canon has to bring along to the Olympic Games or the soccer World Cup as spares for its Professional Services!
Maybe I've just read too many articles where photographers cut out a bird in flight image or sports image from a 4K video stream and show it as evidence of what is possible these days with high quality video. Certainly I would rather sort through short bursts of still images than seconds of a 60 fps video feed.
09-04-2019, 07:57 AM   #12
Veteran Member

09-04-2019, 10:25 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Oh wow! that video was a waste of 7 minutes, actually 6 because did not want to look it untill the end... should I care, no
09-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Maybe I've just read too many articles where photographers cut out a bird in flight image or sports image from a 4K video stream and show it as evidence of what is possible these days with high quality video.
Anyone who knows what they're doing?

4k yields about 8Mp, that's inferior to a Pentax K-x.

My guess is zero out of 93 of these were shot on 4k ...

https://www.boredpanda.com/wildlife-photographer-of-the-year-2018-natural-hi...mpaign=organic

09-04-2019, 01:58 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Oh wow! that video was a waste of 7 minutes, actually 6 because did not want to look it untill the end... should I care, no
Does this guy shoot professional or he only does what an influencer usualy do, influence beginners? I'm asking because I don't think that there is a pro photographer out there taking into consideration this guy's videos, especially if we talk about a Nikon D6.