Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2019, 07:24 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Canon is more likely to do that than Nikon is.
?????

Canon is number 1,from mainly selling Dslr.They have just announced the d90 which looks a reasonably capable piece of hardware.The Olympic big fast action body is imminent.

They got into FF mirrorless to fend off $$$ony from taking their client base.They will remain in Dslr until their is no market.That is when a phone can do everything!

10-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
?????

Canon is number 1,from mainly selling Dslr.They have just announced the d90 which looks a reasonably capable piece of hardware.The Olympic big fast action body is imminent.

They got into FF mirrorless to fend off $$$ony from taking their client base.They will remain in Dslr until their is no market.That is when a phone can do everything!
I believe in 2018 the MILC leader in Japan was Canon, a time when they were selling only EOS-M amongst MILC.
They will sell whatever they need to.
10-13-2019, 05:59 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
I agree with you. Regarding their lenses, I have the feeling that Nikon is going to follow the same path with their new Z-DX that they did with DX: consumer grade lenses and no dedicated primes. Plus, this time they don't have Sigma's nor Tamron's help to fill the holes.
Getting to this thread late. Although I mostly agree with you:
1. With the Z mount primes already available (35, 50), all they have to do is make wide primes for APS-C and they have a coherent system (unlike EOS-M, which desperately needs a fast medium telephoto).
2. Although not primes, with Sony F I N A L L Y releasing a fast zoom for APS-C, I don't think they can afford a slow kit zoom.
3. Sigma and Tamron will likely make primes and zooms for Z mount. Yes, Full frame, but they will be available.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
It is kind of surprising that Nikon introduced an APS-C at this point.
Personally, I think this is a test bed for the D500 replacement that must come at some point.

---------- Post added 10-13-2019 at 09:07 PM ----------

There is a few gaps but they should be filled within a couple of years.

---------- Post added 10-13-19 at 10:30 AM ----------

You could get the FF with the kit zoom, it goes OK.

---------- Post added 10-13-19 at 10:42 AM ----------

Well,when you consider that their main rivals in the market place CanOny offer FF and Apsc,its no surprise that they want to offer their client base an option.

Its competitive pricewise, that kit 16-50 makes it light and compact(what the 1 system used to be).
You know that I shoot Fujifilm as well as Panasonic, but the lenses for Fuji keep getting bigger and bigger. I do like the "fujicrons" and the 23mm is still the reason I am in the system, but apart from that series, there isn't much that is weather-sealed or high-end that is compact. Now if they would seal the 18-55...

QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
I wonder if Nikon will stop selling APS-C dslrs and only sell Mirrorless in that price range.
If they can make them cheaper (likely) and command a higher price premium, then my thought is that they will. Low range DSLRs are commodity items at this point due to perceived quality/ price value. For me, the new camera replaces anything south of the D7500 (traditional consumer models, and up to the enthusiast space).
10-13-2019, 07:18 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Now if they would seal the 18-55...
Its been updated and got wider and longer with WR.The 16-80mm!

---------- Post added 10-14-19 at 01:21 PM ----------

a time when they were selling only EOS-M amongst MILC.
So in 2018 they didn't sell any Rs?....they must have given a lot away then!

10-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #35
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Interesting commentary regarding the Z50:

10-15-2019, 10:39 AM - 1 Like   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote

The Nikon Z50 is a HUGE Mistake - YouTube
I mostly agree with Tony this time.
10-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
I mostly agree with Tony this time.
He is well qualified for HUGE mistakes!

So are his subscribers!

10-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He is well qualified for HUGE mistakes!

So are his subscribers!
I know, that's why I am surprised that I agree with him. 😋
10-22-2019, 02:09 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
?????

Canon and Nikon both have adapters for their DSLR lenses, but Nikon is much like Pentax is - they approached 'purely electronic' slowly while trying to maintain consistency with the past, while Canon jumped to their EF-mount over thirty years ago; Canon now has a catalogue of over thirty years of AF lenses all of which can maintain their characteristics while adapted. Canon does have many DSLR users, but these users can now jump to MILC and take all of their lenses with them - that is not as true of Nikon {nor of Pentax}.
10-22-2019, 02:15 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Canon does have many DSLR users, but these users can now jump to MILC and take all of their lenses with them - that is not as true of Nikon {nor of Pentax}.
There are many Nikon lenses that transition to the mirrorless Z series.

Canon users can take their EF/s lenses to Canon Fuji Sony M43 and maybe L mount by now(?).

Pentax can take all their K mounts to their mirrorless body,the K-01
10-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote

The Nikon Z50 is a HUGE Mistake - YouTube
Nearly 13 minutes and piles of bandwidth to say something that could have been written in a couple of paragraphs.

Anyway, I agree with what he says, but whoever said the new Olympus OM-D EM5-iii would kill the Z50 was possibly more to the point.
10-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
whoever said the new Olympus OM-D EM5-iii would kill the Z50 was possibly more to the point.
Your brother said it,didn't you know?....I thought you 2 were pretty close!
10-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your brother said it,didn't you know?....I thought you 2 were pretty close!
I imagine you agree with him.
10-22-2019, 02:53 PM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I imagine you agree with him.
Ask him, hes right there!
10-22-2019, 03:26 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter