Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #76
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Simple answer - yes. Too many to list since 1964, lots of brands from A to Z.

01-09-2020, 10:47 PM - 1 Like   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I have a few. My first acquisition was a bag of Pentax from a local listing which included an MX, K1000 and some lenses. It piqued my interest so much that it started my exploration their history . . .

01-10-2020, 02:25 PM   #78

Started out with Nikon film cameras: Nikormat FT2, Nikormat EL, FM, FE & FE2. Still have the FM & FE2.

Aside from a used Nikon D700, all of my DSLR cameras are Pentax, starting with an *ist DS, followed by a K-10, K-7, K-5, K-3 & a KP.

Point & Shoots include: Olympus, Canon & Panasonic Travel Zooms.
01-11-2020, 04:59 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Until what ISO do you go the ones using the m43 system? I would like an easier, less bulky ML system for travel, hiking, cycling. But I use KP exclusively (rarely KS2), at this moment, KP we all know that it behaves excellent at high ISO values. Choosing an ML system, I wouldn't want to go back to the ISO limitations I had with K7. Perhaps, though, Ricoh's are thinking of announcing that they will start working on a new ML. For me it would be the preferred option.

01-22-2020, 03:12 AM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One or two year ago I sold off almost all my film-age gear. Most of it was Minolta and as soon as I sold it I started missing it. Recently I started shooting some film again (with ME Super) so I started re-collecting the setup similar to the one I used to use in the past: Minolta X-300 (plus variants: 300s, 370... I need to sell some of these) and Minolta X-500 (great camera). Would be nice to buy X-700 to complete the trio. Lenses between 28 and 135.
01-28-2020, 05:05 PM   #81
Pentaxian

Other than several large format cameras which all take lenses on lens boards my only non Pentax system is my Hasselblad manual focus system.

In Pentax have digital, AF and manual focus film systems and the Auto110.
01-30-2020, 12:26 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Samsung nx1 and soon you be delivered nx500. System is not dead until both camera bodies die!

Mamiya c220

Chinon 35 mm with motorized battery grips

Fujica ST 35 mm series- you name it I had it...still gave one body and about 4 lenses...can’t find anyone who wants it anymore

Canon- older digital body...can’t remember model

02-06-2020, 12:23 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Back when I was young(er) I shot film on Nikon and Olympus, occasionally Pentax but rarely and used Fujicas for high risk work as they were more disposable until the Nikon F301 came along and then the 301 took on the risky stuff which was a blessing as it allowed me to have a single set of lenses.
These days I have film cameras from Pentax, Nikon, Olympus, Minolta and Canon and most of the lenses are Tameon Adaptalls to keep the lens collection sane.

Digital only ever shot Canon as an interchangeable lens system.
02-07-2020, 08:10 PM   #84

I now have two Nikon FE cameras besides my Pentax K1000 SE. Age-related eyesight decline means that even with split screen focusing my Pentax is getting more difficult to use.

However, the Nikon FE allows you to unscrew the eyepiece and replace it with one with a higher diopter rating. The FE is just a delight to use. A step up from the K1000 but just as straightforward to operate.
03-20-2020, 08:36 AM   #85
Pentaxian

I haven't had many to be honest a part from Pentax,

I just had a Canon 5D Mark I and it died one day that it rained a lot soon after i bought it second hand in 2019.
A Canon M10 I still have because this past summer 2019 we were on a roadtrip to Albania, Northern Macedonia and so on, and I wanted to bring something I could use in Markets and just in case IF my DSLR would be attractive to thiefs (I never felt any fear in those places to be honest), and because a friend of mine gave me some Canon glass he had and he doesn't use anymore. So I wanted to be able to use a Canon 28mm f2.8 he gave me.

I also bought a Canon 50D second hand in 2018 after going to my first ever Formula 1 Race as Photographer and after talking to a guy who told me that I should move to Canon and recomended me some gear (like 5, 6 pieces and every single piece he was like "yeah that would be 1000€....") and told me to work together at MotoGP at Barcelona in 2019.

So I got his advice but instead of buying a 1000€ Camera (he told me to buy a 7D MK II and or a 70D) I bought a 50D just to try. And he told me to buy a Canon L 35-350mm which I also bought, and a 50mm and a flash. (that was before my friend gave me some of his old Canon stuff). The camera was working okay with the 50mm but the focus was terrible with the 35-350mm lens. It usually was always out of focus.

So, two races and weeks after the shutter on the 50D died and I sent it back to the 2nd hand store where I bought it, and the lens I also bring it back to the seller on ebay.

And nowadays because of that F1 thing I try to do as I travelled a bit last year I realized that travelling with my two Pentax cameras, and a bunch of lenses is a lot of weight. And as in every race at F1 Canon and Nikon bring stuff to be borrowed for professionals, then I thought it'd be easier to fly with a cheap Canikon and a lens. And due to I already had the Canon 28mm f2.8, I went for Canon. I rented a 7D MK-I some months ago and well..... it works fine and the AF is brilliant. So I went for a very cheap 7D MK-I (less than 190€), to get the job done.

To date still goes fine.
I do not like Canon. I like Canon's AF. I don't like the bodies (too big, I love Pentax's bodies), I don't like they don't have in-body stabilization, and I don't like the colours. But it gets the job done.

Just IF Pentax could have any body with an AF like that one....... man I'd be super hoocked! That doesn't mean I don't like my K3-II and K-3 cameras (well and my K5!)

**oh i forgot to mention. The MotoGP 2019 at home never ever happened. The guy 100% forgot about me.

Last edited by red5isalive; 03-20-2020 at 10:40 AM.
03-20-2020, 10:05 AM   #86
Pentaxian

Some of my interchangeable...non Pentax brands, include...Leica Rangefinder...screw mount, Canon F-1, Petri FTE, Mamiya TLR (medium format), Minolta 7000 and of course Pentax screw mount, K mount and K mount digital.

I wonder how many photographers are familiar with old, extinct brands such as Petri, Miranda, Konica, etc. For my first camera, I almost bought a Miranda SLR. Glad I didn't and chose a Pentax S1a instead, back in '68.

I keep my eyes open for a Nikon F Photomic...in reasonable shape. I came close to buying a new, old stock F Photomic in '74 with the standard 50mm (50 ?) Nikkor lens. But decided against it, buying a Pentax ES ll, which I still have and still use. The ES ll is a black body edition. Back in the '70's black bodies weren't that common, but were sought after, by amateurs like me.
03-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #87
Veteran Member

Sold my mamiya twin lens reflex c220 a while ago, and my Sony rx100v, and 2 Fujica slr, and a chinon slr. One Fujica with lenses, have not been able to sell. Still own a Sony dsc-r1 and due to a trade now own a Samsung nx1 and nx500 with several lenses.
03-22-2020, 07:17 AM   #88
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think my Mamiya 645 was probably the only one.
03-31-2020, 10:34 AM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Other than Pentax? I currently have.
Konica FS-1
Olympus OM-10
Canon Rebel x, s, and xti
Minolta Maxxum 7000
Minolta Maxxum 5
Sony a-100
Olympus e-450
Minolta Maxxum 50
Kodak Brownie Reflex
Kodak Pony 135
Kodak 2A
Kodak Tourist II
Argus C-3
Minolta XG-M
Minolta srT101
Beseler Topcon Auto100

Some of which will be for display, some for selling/trading and some for using.

Started with a screw mount Fujica.
I love to collect old cameras, usually the redheaded step child versions. Somebody has to show them love.

As far as Pentax, we have a K1000, ME super, P3, zx10,30,and 50. I think the P3 with different lenses off the zx10 and 50 will be my favorite of the bunch. lol

Oh, and adding an MX, Mamiya/Sekor, Minolta Maxxum 2xi, and a Petri.

Told ya...redheaded step children.

Last edited by Sam_I_am; 03-31-2020 at 10:40 AM.
04-02-2020, 07:44 AM   #90
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi,

Let's see....How to list these?

How about....In order of acquisition:

Have:

Film:

Ansco Sur Flash 6x9 medium format box camera. The One Ring of cameras: One lens, One focal length, One aperture, One shutter speed
Argus 135 format rangefinder with 35mm f2.8 lens
Nikon FE
Nikon FA
Nikon F4

Digital SLR:

Canon D2000 aka Kodak DCS 520c
Nikon E3
Nikon D1H
Kodak DCS 760c (Nikon F5 based color)
Nikon Df

Had:

Film:

Nikon F2
Nikon FE (once had two)
Nikon FA (once had two)

Digital:

Nikon E2
Kodak DCS 460c
Nikon D1
Kodak DCS 460m
Nikon D1X
Kodak DCS 660c
Kodak DCS 620x
Nikon D2H
Kodak DCS 560c
Canon 1Ds
Canon 1D
Kodak DCS 720x
Contax 645 with Kodak Pro Back Plus
Kodak DCS 660m (Nikon F5 based 6 MP monochrome)

Yeah. I began with digital in 1999, hence things like the Nikon E series and Kodak 400 series. They flooded the used market in the face of the Nikon D1. By the time of the Nikon D2 series, the later Kodak 500 (Canon EOS-1N based) and 600 (Nikon F5 based) series flooded the used market.

Then, the Canon 1Ds came out and I went over there. Used mostly my Nikon manual focus prime lenses (20mm thru 500mm) with an adapter. Then, I added the 1D and a couple Canon f2.8 zooms. The Canon EOS-1N based Kodak 520c lives on my Leica microscope I use in my electronic work.

In 2003/4, I made a major change by going to the latest Kodak offerings: The 760c, 720x and Pro Back Plus on the Contax 645. I stayed with that until 2013 when I let the Contax go. In 2018 I let the 720x go and bought the Df which, in effect replaced all three of the old Kodaks. But, I keep the 760c as I make use of the swappable viewfinders and focusing screens which nothing else offers. This, on a copy stand with a macro lens as a 'wide field microscope' for documenting failed circuit boards

I am now here in Pentax land because I just added a 645D and a few lenses to the mix. My thinking going way back is I had a general purpose camera in the 760c and a Hi ISO one in the 720x and a Hi Res in the Contax. 6 MP, 2 MP and 16 MP respectively. Now the Df does what they all did, but I find I need a more like 36 MP for some things I want to do. My old Nikon lenses are from the film era and I have my doubts on using them on a current Hi Res body. If I replace what I have with late model lenses, it will cost...a bit. The Pentax 645D is pretty low cost these days and the really good A* and FA lenses are what I would call 'dirt cheap'. So, here I am.

I will keep the old Nikon glass and the Df it is all perfectly fine with. The D1H is an old workhorse (worth like $60 on the used market), good for shots destined for the web if nothing else. The 760c has use still due to some things with the way Nikon designed it, plus it offers Kodachrome color dyes in the sensor CFA. I doubt it is worth more than $300 anyway, so might as well keep it. The old E3, which is the size of the 645D due to it having those condenser optics to make it work Full Frame with F-mount glass is an oddity to keep on the display shelf with the old film cameras.

What I don't know about is the 660m. Specialized monochrome. I haven't used it much since I got the Df, making my B+W from Df color shots. It is still worth quite a bit, but once gone could probably not be reacquired.

Update: I did sell the 660m off to a collector. It actually paid for the new 646D kit.

Stan

Last edited by w2ck; 12-16-2020 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Added an Update.