Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-12-2020, 08:00 PM   #16
Pentaxian

I have the 56 f1.2, 90 f2, and 50 f2 mostly for video. Thinking of grabbing the 35 f2 as well. Heard they are working on a 50 f1. If it has fast/accurate auto focus for photos and video I may consider it. Eventually it would be nice to save up for one of their GFX bodies and the 110 f2.

01-13-2020, 06:55 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I have the 56 f1.2, 90 f2, and 50 f2 mostly for video. Thinking of grabbing the 35 f2 as well. Heard they are working on a 50 f1. If it has fast/accurate auto focus for photos and video I may consider it. Eventually it would be nice to save up for one of their GFX bodies and the 110 f2.
Initially they were planning a 35/1.0 but after playing around it was getting too big and complicated and they switched idea to a 50/1.0. I don't think it really makes sense as a faster standard prime would be so useful and they already have that 56/1.2 which is very close in focal length and speed.

The 35/1.4 is lovely but I think the f/2, if it's like the 23mm f/2 I have, will be a bit more solid and also a great performer.
01-14-2020, 01:41 AM   #18
Pentaxian

The X-T4 (IBIS!) with its awesome XF lenses will further entice a lot of shooter. Fujifilm has clearly overshadowed Pentax in terms of apsc and medium format in both modern cameras and lenses.
01-17-2020, 06:45 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
IBIS,is a certainty.

A bigger battery too.

A new processor with much bigger buffer has been speculated,as has an intergrated battery grip.....Not too sure if these last 2 are just wild guesses,but,if it's aimed at the sports action wildlife sector then it makes sensor(that's likely to remain the same).