Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread
08-02-2020, 02:43 AM   #196
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hmm, so if the EF to RF adapter works so seamlessly, how hard would it be to make a K to RF adapter? Now THAT would get me thinking.

08-02-2020, 02:53 AM   #197
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Hmm, so if the EF to RF adapter works so seamlessly, how hard would it be to make a K to RF adapter? Now THAT would get me thinking.
The issue right now is the lack of aperture rings on most modern Pentax lenses. I'm not sure what adapters are available that will adjust the aperture on Pentax lenses -- particularly the KAF 4 lenses like your DFA *50 is.
08-02-2020, 03:01 AM   #198
Pentaxian

Original Poster
how hard would it be to make a K to RF adapter?
Not hard at all,I just have to shoot manually.
08-02-2020, 03:15 AM   #199
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The issue right now is the lack of aperture rings on most modern Pentax lenses. I'm not sure what adapters are available that will adjust the aperture on Pentax lenses -- particularly the KAF 4 lenses like your DFA *50 is.
This here claims to have the option to set aperture even for lenses without aperture ring.

Adapter Pentax K-Objektive an Canon RF-Mount Kameras

If that works via a lever or via a separate aperture iris I do not know.

08-02-2020, 05:27 AM   #200
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
This here claims to have the option to set aperture even for lenses without aperture ring.

Interesting! Looks well-made. There's a similar but cheaper fotodioX version with integrated tripod mount. Others I can see are Kipon and K&FConcept. So the answer to my question is, it's not hard at all.

Last edited by Paul the Sunman; 08-02-2020 at 05:48 AM.
08-02-2020, 07:07 AM   #201
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote

Looks like it has its own aperture ring, so I'd assume lever. Which means no wide-open focusing, of course.
08-02-2020, 09:00 AM   #202
Pentaxian

Original Poster
K&FConcept.
I use this brand for K to EF...X...M43...NX....Q,as well as a no name speedbooster.

08-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #203
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Funny, my friend who has a lot of recent as well as some older canon, like En osaa sanoa 5D IV and also crop 7II said that he has -zero- interest of buying any of these new ones from canon. He is enthusiast in bird shooting and has also 100-400 zoom and many other fine lenses. Not so sure if that many will actually go there just like that. Understandable to go with some Ed lenses, hard to see the point with adapter which does not really work that well. Suppose that many things works quite well with EF lenses if one has proper canon made adapter. But that class leading stabilisation will be that good only with RF lenses. As well as focusing at it’s max speed.

Sure, the ones who are going to go with that system will propably go there Bit by bit, or more if their pockets are deep enough.
08-02-2020, 12:33 PM   #204
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Funny, my friend who has a lot of recent as well as some older canon, like En osaa sanoa 5D IV and also crop 7II said that he has -zero- interest of buying any of these new ones from canon. He is enthusiast in bird shooting and has also 100-400 zoom and many other fine lenses. Not so sure if that many will actually go there just like that. Understandable to go with some Ed lenses, hard to see the point with adapter which does not really work that well. Suppose that many things works quite well with EF lenses if one has proper canon made adapter. But that class leading stabilisation will be that good only with RF lenses. As well as focusing at it’s max speed.
Well,Ive not ever owned a Canon Dslr so i cant judge apart from brief use of a Rebel my daughter owns.They seem ok to me.

The stabilisation without the RF lenses will still be 5 axis plus the digital stabe which plenty have said is class leading.The RP and R models rely on that plus lens stabe,theres no problem at all.

If your friend has mk 2 100-400 he has the best 100-400 that exists from every comparison report Ive seen(lots).It even outdoes the Tamron/Sigma 150-600s when fitted with the 1.4x TC.

All in the RF mount that use EF glass comment about the increased performance over the Dslr standard,your friend should rent or borrow one of these new bodies.He may be surprised!
08-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #205
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Well,Ive not ever owned a Canon Dslr so i cant judge apart from brief use of a Rebel my daughter owns.They seem ok to me.

The stabilisation without the RF lenses will still be 5 axis plus the digital stabe which plenty have said is class leading.The RP and R models rely on that plus lens stabe,theres no problem at all.

If your friend has mk 2 100-400 he has the best 100-400 that exists from every comparison report Ive seen(lots).It even outdoes the Tamron/Sigma 150-600s when fitted with the 1.4x TC.

All in the RF mount that use EF glass comment about the increased performance over the Dslr standard,your friend should rent or borrow one of these new bodies.He may be surprised!
Well, my friend is not so keen on using money he don’t have to. And yes, it is that mk 2. Perhaps when his not -that- old 5DIV get old, and is not giving him what he needs. I can easily believe that this is the case for many. Especially at the times we are living right now.

Great to have the hype still. I’d wait for the next big thing too to be honest. Especially because of what is going on..
08-02-2020, 02:27 PM   #206
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Well, my friend is not so keen on using money he don’t have to.
Renting isnt that costly,yes these times we are in are horrendous,we can only live in hope.
08-02-2020, 03:52 PM   #207
mee
Veteran Member

There is an EF lens to Z camera adapter. That's right, mount Canon DSLR lenses on a Nikon Mirrorless body. With autofocus.

Canon EF to Nikon Z - Fringer smart adapters

Around a week or two ago, I questioned the company if they would be interested in a Pentax K lens to Nikon Z camera adapter in the same way. No response back hahaha.
08-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #208
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
There is an EF lens to Z camera adapter. That's right, mount Canon DSLR lenses on a Nikon Mirrorless body. With autofocus.

Canon EF to Nikon Z - Fringer smart adapters

Around a week or two ago, I questioned the company if they would be interested in a Pentax K lens to Nikon Z camera adapter in the same way. No response back hahaha.
They would have to provide a screwdrive and aperture lever in the adapter, it's not going to happen for a small market.
08-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #209
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
They would have to provide a screwdrive and aperture lever in the adapter, it's not going to happen for a small market.
Fair point. I somehow forgot a chunk of retail Pentax lenses still operate on screwdrive.
08-02-2020, 05:28 PM   #210
Pentaxian

Original Poster
And it works with every EF lens,no hiccups.
Normally,he gets back to enquiries very rapidly.Or he did in the early days,now that his business has grown he may dismiss brands that he hasnt heard of?