Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-26-2020, 07:22 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WorksAsIntended Quote
It looks like a nice camera, but also quite hard to hold. I would miss a deeper grip on that camera.
That was mentioned on one of the sites I read about this thing. And it's not like the KP with interchangeable grips...

02-26-2020, 08:38 AM   #17
Pentaxian

My, my, my! This X-T4 looks like a mighty impressive camera. It's definitely leaps & bounds better than that joke of an APS-C "flagship" called the Sony a6600. Sony should just get out of the APS-C lineup & concentrate 100% on their FF lineup.

There's definitely a lot of things going on in the camera world. Tomorrow would have been the start of CP+ 2020. Maybe some other manufacturers will start announcing some new stuff soon. I'm waiting to see what Ricoh has done with the K-new, but who knows when that will happen.
02-26-2020, 08:44 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
My, my, my! This X-T4 looks like a mighty impressive camera. It's definitely leaps & bounds better than that joke of an APS-C "flagship" called the Sony a6600. Sony should just get out of the APS-C lineup & concentrate 100% on their FF lineup.

There's definitely a lot of things going on in the camera world. Tomorrow would have been the start of CP+ 2020. Maybe some other manufacturers will start announcing some new stuff soon. I'm waiting to see what Ricoh has done with the K-new, but who knows when that will happen.
There's so much good E-mount glass though! And some that should be better... I agree that crop E-mount cameras have never attracted me either.

Needs more K-new details for sure.
02-26-2020, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

^ Most definitely. The FF Sony glass & bodies are great, except for the ergonomics. That's my only complaint with the a7 & a9 series, but I can live with it. The a7 III is one possible camera replacement that I'm considering, if the K-new doesn't end up appealing to me. There are other cameras too.

I would have probably picked up that a6600, but once I saw the specs & reviews, I lost interest immediately. There's way more to a camera than just AF alone. Same thing with image quality alone....

This X-T4 looks very compelling. Looks like the grip is the only thing that Fujifilm needs improve upon when the "X-T5" comes out. Hahahaha!

02-28-2020, 10:58 AM   #20

Watching new Fuji cameras sample galleries at dpreview is becoming boring - the same colours from the same sensors. No difference between X-T3(0), X-Pro3, X-T4. Glad for IBIS in X-T4 and its video abilities. Something tells me there will be no IBIS in future X-T40 though.
03-21-2020, 07:28 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yes,those film Sims are very boring.Only about 15 of them and when ya tweak the setting they change slightly.So must be hundreds of different boring looks in jpeg.

---------- Post added 03-22-20 at 01:32 PM ----------

---------- Post added 03-22-20 at 01:33 PM ----------

---------- Post added 03-22-20 at 01:36 PM ----------

04-04-2020, 12:55 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Fringer makes great adapters.

04-20-2020, 11:27 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
X-T4 is shipping with final firmware that was released last week.

Reports should come thick and fast for the rest of the month.

Its made in China,although some early demo models came out of Japan when the China factory was closed.