Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2020, 03:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Surprised by the Sony a6000

Hey all,

I’ve been doing a lot of video work recently with my A7iii. Learning the ins and outs, and expanding the shooting plans for interview setups has had me using an iPhone or GoPro as a second camera. But, matching up the color grading can be really challenging, not to mention that the image quality just isn’t even close. So, I decided to pick up a used a6000 as a second camera. For a 6 year old design, color me surprised by the quality of the images it can produce. The A7iii’s lightning fast and accurate AF has been on of my favorite features, but the a6000 is no slouch. Not to mention that it shoots 11fps and takes pretty nice video. I’ve found that it’s been my carry around body as I walk my neighborhood since getting it, although its novelty to me likely plays an outsized role in that phenomenon. But shooting with my favorite MF Zeiss C/Y lenses has been a joy. The biggest downsides have been the menus (far less intuitive than the A7iii, which I don’t really mind) and the physical button layout that is different than the A7 and I’m finding I need to retune my muscle memory to adjust.

That all said, I just wanted to share how much I love this little old camera. And for under $300 from KEH, I consider it an absolute steal for what it is.

NK

05-26-2020, 09:27 PM - 1 Like   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah I agree on the menu situation, I just got a NEX-7 for $200 today which has a similar cumbersome menu layout . I also plan to use it for video. I'm switching from my Canon t3i because I realised how much I love old lenses and needed a mirrorless so I could use a speed booster to capture all of that 35mm/FF FOV on the APS-C sensor.