Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2007, 04:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Canon in Trouble?

Just an opinion. I think Canon has gone off track recently and are in the process of loosing clients due to their recent complacency. Nikon is now number one in Japan and Pentax have taken an even larger market share of 12.8 percent.

Just my take.

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 03-07-2007 at 05:26 AM.
03-07-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Oh how I wish it. Its nice to see Pentax making waves with their new releases.

As for Canon, their grip on consumers and enthusiasts here is far from over. You know somethings wrong when people, and I mean people as in like the average joe and jane...rent Rebels to take photos at the recent Student Tuition Freeze Rally. These are people that don't seem to have ever shoot a dslr before but they all understood the reputation that was behind the Canon brand name. Out of all the Rebels and Nikon Digitals I saw one KMout Shooter.

An *Ist D with a Makinon 24-50. Haha I was so overjoyed because not only was he using KMount but taking full advantage of aged glass.

Nikon, I dunno. I didn't think they made that big of a splash this time around. That D40x is like relatively minor and probably pissed off everyone who bought a D40. However Nikon remains a dominant choice for the Press and other professional photographers.

Canon, so long as their heavy advertising and overhyped reputation remains, it may take a while for others like Pentax to gain ground against the corporate giant.
03-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

...if only word of mouth was better than marketing cash/hype.