Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2020, 06:39 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K3 mk 3 h as 4k at 24/5 and 30+fps....it's basic same as XS10,but you could save plenty.

We don't know exactly what the new Pentax will be capable of,when you consider the XS10 with16/80 will be well over $A2K....the Fringer adapter is around 450,a 150-600 is 1500ish or more.

I'm led to believe that all will be revealed this month about K3/3.I think waiting a bit will be to your advantage financially

11-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
K3 mk 3 h as 4k at 24/5 and 30+fps....it's basic same as XS10,but you could save plenty.
In terms of specification, yes, but specification and quality are two different things. The video would also be of little use to me unless Pentax implement AFC in video. Don't get me wrong; I love my Pentax gear, but the past efforts at video have been very much an afterthought to make the specs look similar with the competition but not a lot of effort in it.

QuoteQuote:
We don't know exactly what the new Pentax will be capable of,when you consider the XS10 with16/80 will be well over $A2K....the Fringer adapter is around 450,a 150-600 is 1500ish or more. I'm led to believe that all will be revealed this month about K3/3.I think waiting a bit will be to your advantage financially
If the K3iii 4K and HD video was decent quality with AFC, it would certainly be worth waiting for. As far as I was aware, nothing much more was going to be made public about the K3iii until it was formally released in February. The specs are already available, so unless they release some pre-production sample images and video, I doubt that there will be more info released. It sounds like I'm being really negative about the K3iii but I'm not - I think it will be an excellent APSC stills camera. I just doubt that it will be as usable a video camera as the KS10 or others like the GH5 or Sony equivalent.

Having said that I think you're right - as much as I'd like to have a 4K camera now, it would be worth waiting to see what the K3iii can deliver.
No new toy to try over the Christmas break.
11-11-2020, 08:45 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
If the K3iii 4K and HD video was decent quality with AFC, it would certainly be worth waiting for. As far as I was aware, nothing much more was going to be made public about the K3iii until it was formally released in February. The specs are already available, so unless they release some pre-production sample images and video, I doubt that there will be more info released. It sounds like I'm being really negative about the K3iii but I'm not - I think it will be an excellent APSC stills camera. I just doubt that it will be as usable a video camera as the KS10 or others like the GH5 or Sony equivalent.
The guy who leaks the info has said the official announcement of K3iii will be in November,so in next 3 weeks.Everything will be known.

The XS10 is on sale in OZ in about 10 days I'm led to believe.

DigiDirect have some good discounts lately.

I'm keen on XS10 myself but next year when we get a period of discounts and Cashbacks, there are plenty available right now but XS10 is new and it'll be well into next year till price subsides.

If you absolutely need a new toy,plenty of the Fuji bodies do 4K.Only XT4 and XH1 have Ibis though.
11-12-2020, 04:37 AM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The guy who leaks the info has said the official announcement of K3iii will be in November,so in next 3 weeks.Everything will be known.
OK. I'm not sure what else is to be revealed!

QuoteQuote:
The XS10 is on sale in OZ in about 10 days I'm led to believe. DigiDirect have some good discounts lately.
The best price I found was Diamond Camera in Adelaide. Free delivery.

QuoteQuote:
I'm keen on XS10 myself but next year when we get a period of discounts and Cashbacks, there are plenty available right now but XS10 is new and it'll be well into next year till price subsides. If you absolutely need a new toy,plenty of the Fuji bodies do 4K.Only XT4 and XH1 have Ibis though.
Yeah, the XS10 sounds like it would suit better than the XT30, XT3 or XT4. Anyway, I appreciate your input. I'll try to be patient on cameras. Maybe think about other things like a new microphone, or maybe a drone.

11-12-2020, 03:09 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Yeah, the XS10
11-13-2020, 02:47 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

that Monster is only tuned to do AF with F and FA lenses AFAIK for stills.
Fair enough. I was mainly thinking of it in terms of stills, though. I didn't really expect AFC through an adapter with video.
Sorry Rob,I misinterpreted the capability of the adapter.It will work with older DA and DFA glass.

---------- Post added 11-14-20 at 08:48 AM ----------

A few video settings that may be useful.