Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
11-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #46

Beautiful! The color scheme is perfect too. I hope you find a body cap soon. It will make a handsome item on any desk, mantle or shelf.

How many hours total do you estimate you spent on this?

11-19-2020, 07:23 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Beautiful! The color scheme is perfect too. I hope you find a body cap soon. It will make a handsome item on any desk, mantle or shelf.

How many hours total do you estimate you spent on this?
Thank you!
Very rough estimate would be about 15-20 hours. Not much time was spent trying to make it work as it was evident it was a lost cause so it was only cosmetic.

Thanks!
11-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Wow. That’s amazing looking and I’m not typically a fan of people “customizing” classic cameras. So we’ll done. Got a plan for a matching lens and flash?
11-21-2020, 05:19 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Its a wonderful display piece - it just breaks my heart though when these cant be repaired. It's such a shame but as ever well done Ismael - you are a true artist.

Wish I had the patience - with me if I cant get them working and are deemed dead for ever they just get strip mined for spares. Theres enough small screws in an SRT to open a hardware store with

11-24-2020, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #50

Ismael, The Maestro! That is a beautiful piece of work. The detail is amazing.

Kirk B.
11-30-2020, 09:04 PM - 1 Like   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you all for the nice comments!

BIG Thank You! to the generous fellow forum member who sent me the correct body cap.

The cap is in great shape. I will NOT butcher it as originally intended to attach a clock. When the clock finally arrives (ebay to China, may take months) I'll find a non destructive way to attach it.

Thanks,
11-30-2020, 09:19 PM   #52
Veteran Member

It's begging for a matching, painted fungus filled lens (fungus filled because one wouldn't want to make a display piece of functional lens).

12-01-2020, 07:18 PM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Thanks! Can you post a picture of those? Vinegar is usually used for rust in steel or iron. Maybe some steel wool pads with a metal cleaner may work. It will all depend on the material.

Thanks,
Sorry for the delay in replying. As of now I am not supposed to go to my workplace but will try to grab some shots when I am able to pop in.