Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2020, 02:47 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
In short, for old lenses I prefer an ML because it offers "focus peaking" in the viewfinder. I also wanted focus stacking (shifting) implemented in the camera.
Thanks for that. I'm currently a K-1 user but considering where to go next and mirrorless is an option I need to consider.

12-04-2020, 04:08 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Which ML FF system, between Nikon Z or Panasonic L,
In addition to choosing the ML FF system itself, I am also interested in the existing offer for adapters other than Novoflex. Thank you.
If i was in your position,I'd wait up till late 2021 and seriously consider $ony as well.

Reason being that the A7iii,will be replaced probably first half of next year.Consequently,prices for older gen will drop to ??It will be interesting.

Throw in the fact that native Pentax AF glass will be adaptable to the phase detect $ony bodies,reasonably soon,so the versatility factor will favour $ony.
12-05-2020, 12:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think the Nikon Z is even more versatile. Monster adapter from Pentax K lenses to Sony mount + Techart adapter from Sony mount to Z mount. Both with AF. Sounds like crazy, but maybe it will work, who knows
12-06-2020, 11:35 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Doesn't the Nikon Z "suck" more dust on the sensor than the Pentax K? The sensor is very close to the mount, the diameter of the mount is the largest, all the conditions to absorb the most dust are theoretically met.

12-06-2020, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Doesn't the Nikon Z "suck" more dust on the sensor than the Pentax K?
I would think that this is one of those things that might technically be true but in the real world simply do not matter. Could more dust get on a sensor that is 20mm closer to the mount? Yes. Is that really going to matter? I don't think so. Dust is floating around everywhere.
More important is the relative efficiency of the dust removal systems. Dust is inevitable, so the best system for keeping the sensor clean wins. I am extremely pleased with the Pentax system. Compared to other photographers I have shot with the Pentax K-3II and K-1 simply do not have dust issues like other brands. But I have no experience with a Nikon Z so no idea how the dust removal works on that system.
12-07-2020, 01:08 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pen-A Quote
One thing I donīt like.. Focal length is not recorded to Exif.. unless you use the FTZ adapter.. . So it only works with Nikon lenses. Not sure if Pana or Sony does this either?
Your Z5 will work with AF Canon EF mount via the Fringer adapter too.So you have more choice than you realised.